Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Still 7 points clear

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's quite conceivable that Hudds don't pick up another point (it was a real blow them getting a 90th minute winner today). They have Everton at home, then Man City & Chelsea away, and Arsenal at home. The only prob is that Arsenal will be 100% on the beach by then, so who knows. I can also see Swansea getting nothing from their next three - Man City (Away), Chelsea (Home), then Bournemouth (Away). That would make Swansea v Southampton on 8th May absolutely huge. It's a day before we play Man City....not sure if that will help!!

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
As long as Southampton and Stoke remain dire we should scrape through, not confident of us getting much else this season points wise and 17th may have to do but we're Brighton, we never do it the easy way

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is amazing that almost every year the last day of the season is a bun fight and someone goes down who it is expected they wouldn't.

I just hope it is not us.

I really do think we have shot ourselves in the foot. We were expecting points from Leicester at home, Town at home and palace away ( and bizzarly some people are suggesting we will get something at Burnley) when actuallynwe have got 1 out of 9.

Thank good ness the post saved us in the arse game or we could be facing down the barrel. Which actually I still think we are. It is now that we are at the " we won't get another point" stage of the season, which I think me may well sneak one against Spurs, but we are really now relying on other teams to not have a decent run. Stoke win a couple, or Southampton and suddenly it will be panic time.

It will be great to see Spurs and manu as our last two home games as they are both quality sides...I just wished we had three more points going into the games remaining.

Still it's been an interesting season and we have seen a couple of really decent players come to the club, in gross and Isqie. If we go down then so be it, but if we do I really do think it will be because of our own lack of goal scoring and attacking acumen, but I do think that is hughton's game, i.e. Set up to keep the 1 point we have before the game and if we get another 2 then that is a nice surprise.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is amazing that almost every year the last day of the season is a bun fight and someone goes down who it is expected they wouldn't.

I just hope it is not us.

I really do think we have shot ourselves in the foot. We were expecting points from Leicester at home, Town at home and palace away ( and bizzarly some people are suggesting we will get something at Burnley) when actuallynwe have got 1 out of 9.

Thank good ness the post saved us in the arse game or we could be facing down the barrel. Which actually I still think we are. It is now that we are at the " we won't get another point" stage of the season, which I think me may well sneak one against Spurs, but we are really now relying on other teams to not have a decent run. Stoke win a couple, or Southampton and suddenly it will be panic time.

It will be great to see Spurs and manu as our last two home games as they are both quality sides...I just wished we had three more points going into the games remaining.

Still it's been an interesting season and we have seen a couple of really decent players come to the club, in gross and Isqie. If we go down then so be it, but if we do I really do think it will be because of our own lack of goal scoring and attacking acumen, but I do think that is hughton's game, i.e. Set up to keep the 1 point we have before the game and if we get another 2 then that is a nice surprise.

Good points, a lack of strikers/goals over 38 games would be the cause of dropping immediately back down. Personally I don't like seeing arrogant $$$$ Spuds and ManUre. Much preferring the winnable games, when we had a good chance.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
The odds are slightly in our favour but we have done our best to Royally f@ck them up. Missed penalties, stupid fouls and poor defending. I think it will all depend on the results on the 13th where we will need to get something at Anfield to be safe. I really hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The odds are slightly in our favour but we have done our best to Royally f@ck them up. Missed penalties, stupid fouls and poor defending. I think it will all depend on the results on the 13th where we will need to get something at Anfield to be safe. I really hope I'm wrong.

Liverpool at home will brush us aside with ease. Currently beating media-loved Bmuff 3-0, whilst in second gear.

We simply require 2 other clubs to have awful results in their run ins.

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
To be 7 points clear of the bottom three with 5 games to go we are very much on course to stay up. Yes we perhaps don't "feel" safe right now and yes the remaining games are tough, but I think we'll be fine.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I still think we'll muster a point or two somewhere along the line. Although we're playing big teams, what do any of them have to play for? Spurs might on Tuesday as top 4 isn't done but City will have won the league, United and Liverpool will be safely in top 4.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Any of the other 18 clubs could say the same, if we were the worst we would be bottom. There is a lot of room for improvement though.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Think we may just be alright, but there is a hint of Déjà vu, unable to see the season out last year cost us the title, lets hope the last two home debacles don't come back and bite us on the arse.???

Usual story. Premature celebrations after Arsenal game. Job nearly done. Only need 4 points from Leics and Udders. What has followed is four thoroughly unprofessional performances riddled with simple errors, loss of concentration and scandalous wastefulness. The squad has been shown up for its complete lack of quality in certain areas. A complete failure to score goals from midfield and a continuation of an appalling away record. Before today, no team in the top ten tiers of English football had scored fewer away goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here