Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Help needed locked out of excell sheet

oxymoron

NSC Patreon
Feb 25, 2011
Good morning all, I know we all have bigger things on our minds this morning but can anybody help me get passed a locked workbook in excel I am the author but its not recognising my password. I've tried turning it off and on:) any help would be appreciated.

oxymoron

NSC Patreon
Feb 25, 2011
Tried all the different combination of the same password can only think that I may have corrupted the password last time out when saving.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If you would be happy sending me the file, there are apparently tools which might be available to help in this sort of situation. PM me if interested (although I am off up the M23 shortly!)

oxymoron

NSC Patreon
Feb 25, 2011
it is a combination of upper and lower case letters numbers and a @

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
If you have a spreadsheet you want to share but lock down the details. next time send as a pdf!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Plenty of free tools online - just google. Apologies if that sounds arsey but I've unlocked many an excel file and everytime I probably use a different tool as all I do is a google rather than remember what I used last time.

oxymoron

NSC Patreon
Feb 25, 2011
Plenty of free tools online - just google. Apologies if that sounds arsey but I've unlocked many an excel file and everytime I probably use a different tool as all I do is a google rather than remember what I used last time.

many thanks will have a look

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Seems Excel is not very secure then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here