Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

I've woken up feeling nervous.

1 Not allowed!
    I regularly do for big games. Especially this one. The thought of losing is unbearable. It's bad enough its them but if we lose I fear we could get dragged into that dogfight with the big guns still to play.

I have a knot in my stomach and the thought of food is making it worse.

What is a reasonable time to start drinking?
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they wake up, that's the best they are going to feel all day.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

10 Not allowed!
      Knock one out and go back to sleep for a while. If you feel the same when you wake up then vodka on your cornflakes is perfectly acceptable.
      For Those About To Rock....... We Salute You

0 Not allowed!
      Heading to bed soon, really looking forward to it. But expecting the worst.

14 Not allowed!
      Went to the toilet at about 5-30 this morning but trouble was I didn’t get up till 6-45.
      Bloody pre-match nerves and all that.
      now my friends have gone,
      and my hair is grey,
      and I ache in the places that I used to play.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Foul Play Rocks View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Knock one out and go back to sleep for a while.
      As appealing as that sounds the wife probably wouldn't be too keen on me doing that in front of our 3 yo daughter who's sitting next to me on the sofa........

Getting the coach today to avoid that kettling bullcrap. Drinking time is going to be limited so will be banging on the pub door at 10.45 I think.
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they wake up, that's the best they are going to feel all day.

4 Not allowed!
      I'm just lucky to have woken up , so everything else is a bonus
      RIP Bud

0 Not allowed!
      I hardly slept at all last night.
      It’s a big day today.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spongy View Post
      As appealing as that sounds the wife probably wouldn't be too keen on me doing that in front of our 3 yo daughter who's sitting next to me on the sofa........

Getting the coach today to avoid that kettling bullcrap. Drinking time is going to be limited so will be banging on the pub door at 10.45 I think.
      Sorry mate for the inappropriate comment. Obviously I wasn’t to know you were sat next to your daughter. I’m getting the coach today myself so if I see a nervous gentleman with booze on his breath I’ll know it’s you. Oh hang on that could probably be virtually everyone today.
      For Those About To Rock....... We Salute You

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Foul Play Rocks View Post
      Sorry mate for the inappropriate comment. Obviously I wasn’t to know you were sat next to your daughter. I’m getting the coach today myself so if I see a nervous gentleman with booze on his breath I’ll know it’s you. Oh hang on that could probably be virtually everyone today.
      It's alright. I wasn't offended in the slightest! I'm married with a 3 yo daughter. It's been a while and I have been stressed lately.......

Our coach is getting there for around 1pm. That's bloody early. Can't drink on the coach. And no smoking in there either. So 2 hours to fill in that shitty little concourse. With that one little drinks window. Eurgh.

Can't wait.

I'm a mess of nerves and excitement.

3 Not allowed!
      I thought this was going to be about the air strikes on Syria.

Trust Palace v Brighton to be on the same day as the start of World War III.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*