Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Now the Cold War is back...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. in conjunction with

1) An unpopular female Conservative Prime Minister

2) Brighton in the top league (worried about going down)

3) A donkey jacket wearing Labour Leader

4) A celebrity in charge of America

What else from the decade of rolled up Miami Vice Jacket Sleeved Mullets would NSC liked to brought back ?

Secondly, what will the "chilled out Brit Pop 90s reaction to now" next decade bring ?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
President Donald Trump says he has approved US military strikes against Syrian chemical weapons sites, in collaboration with the UK and France.

"A combined operation with the armed forces of France and the United Kingdom is now underway," President Trump said in an address to the nation.

Explosions were reported near the Syrian capital Damascus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43762251

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Splendid. Do we get 70s music back too ? Brotherhood of Man anyone ? Or shall we just re-watch 'Threads' and shit ourselves like we did when we watched it at school. I'll never forget when I asked my splendid and maverick history teacher, Mr Honore, if they would bomb Brighton. "Don't worry, Ian, I'm sure they've got one with our name written on it..."

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Trump stated he would do this alone, so us joining in stinks of desperation so that we get a trade deal in a year or so.
This is very scary as neither leader will back down, during this period of misinformation, I’d hardly call it a Cold War it’s actually getting pretty tepid at the moment and could very quickly get up to boiling.

Hunker down folks, this could get tasty.

Anyone still fancy going to the World Cup?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd suspect a few nuclear bombs are pointing this way as we speak.
This whole thing is embarrassing and pointless and where's the proof?
Why do we follow countries into wars all the time as we're miniscule and surely we will get punished at some point?

D

Deleted member 2719

I know nothing about conflicts and military tactics, but couldn't these Syria chemical weapons just be a decoy to ultimately stretch the forces of the UK, USA and France, while Russia pile in on us???

I have 3 NERF guns and if needed they will be used to defend my family.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'd suspect a few nuclear bombs are pointing this way as we speak.
This whole thing is embarrassing and pointless and where's the proof?
Why do we follow countries into wars all the time as we're miniscule and surely we will get punished at some point?

We have no real proof that Zaha dives, but what we do know is he is a cheating ****.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Russia said that a strike against Syria would start a war. Hopefully we’ve got time to beat Palace before the nukes arrive!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
President Donald Trump says he has approved US military strikes against Syrian chemical weapons sites, in collaboration with the UK and France.

"A combined operation with the armed forces of France and the United Kingdom is now underway," President Trump said in an address to the nation.

I am surprised he didn't tweet that the missiles strike was planned and the exact time it would be happening.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yes, we launched four planes from Akrotiri in Cyprus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43763605

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Russia said that a strike against Syria would start a war. Hopefully we’ve got time to beat Palace before the nukes arrive!
The Dismay of *Dismiss, Distort, Distract, Dismay*

It's the classic Russian Information Warfare strategy.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Shocking to see how much money gets wasted on our defence budget when the country is falling apart due to lack of investment in hospitals, police, education, etc. Do we really need to spend almost as much as Russia? Utter madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here