Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Cliff v BBC

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Cliff will win this, probably quite rightly so............that aside, who is going to pay the vast amount of damages?? you and me.....or a private organisation ... or insurance? or what??

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Cliff will win this, probably quite rightly so............that aside, who is going to pay the vast amount of damages?? you and me.....or a private organisation ... or insurance? or what??

Simple answer, do not watch BBC Live, cancel your TV Licence and then complain bitterly to your MP if tax payers monies is used to support the BBC. If enough people did it that dreadful excuse for a 'non-bias' organisation will have to go commercial.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seeing as Yorkshire police has already paid damages to him over this it is a no brainer and quite rightly to.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m very much team Cliff on this one. It’s a disgrace that accused can have their lives destroyed long before they are eventually proven innocent.

And the millions the BBC will pay him will be a drop in the ocean compared to the large budget they have.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The gutter press are as much to blame, as anyone else.
IMO they should stump up some sort of compensation towards victims, who are persecuted before being proven innocent!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m very much team Cliff on this one. It’s a disgrace that accused can have their lives destroyed long before they are eventually proven innocent.

And the millions the BBC will pay him will be a drop in the ocean compared to the large budget they have.

On a technical point, he wasn't proven innocent.

(As a supposed christian, he's not very forgiving!!!)

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On a technical point....he wasn't found guilty either

(your second point is just plain bias stupidity)

He could still be found guilty if more evidence is found but, as far as I'm aware, there is no such legal status as proven innocent!!

As for the bias, are you suggesting I'm bias against christians, people claiming to be christian or Cliff himself (probably all three actually!!).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Simple answer, do not watch BBC Live, cancel your TV Licence and then complain bitterly to your MP if tax payers monies is used to support the BBC. If enough people did it that dreadful excuse for a 'non-bias' organisation will have to go commercial.

I'm afraid l completely disagree. Whilst admitting that they aren't quite what they were, I still believe that the BBC gives, as near as possible anyway, a non biased opinion on world events. I rue the day if/when they are forced to accept outside funding and take the commercial route.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He could still be found guilty if more evidence is found but, as far as I'm aware, there is no such legal status as proven innocent!!

As for the bias, are you suggesting I'm bias against christians, people claiming to be christian or Cliff himself (probably all three actually!!).

Conversely based on the available evidence he would probably be found not guilty which is as near to proven innocent as our system allows. Would the BBC be covered by insurance in the same but more complicated way that a builder has Public Liability Insurance?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Conversely based on the available evidence he would probably be found not guilty which is as near to proven innocent as our system allows. Would the BBC be covered by insurance in the same but more complicated way that a builder has Public Liability Insurance?

Rubbish. Criminal conviction is based on beyond reasonable doubt. That's a long way way from bring proven innocent. Different country but ON was not convicted in criminal court bit was in civil court. In civil court in UK I believe the criteria is 'on the balance of probabilities.

larus

I'm afraid l completely disagree. Whilst admitting that they aren't quite what they were, I still believe that the BBC gives, as near as possible anyway, a non biased opinion on world events. I rue the day if/when they are forced to accept outside funding and take the commercial route.

They aren’t beyond delivering the news and being biased.

For example (irrespective of whether or not you voted Leave or not), when the countenance economic figures with opinion, this is just wrong.
“The unemployment rate has reached a new low, the lowest rate for 40 years.” Thats the fact.
However, it gets followed up with “Desite Brexit”. This is opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On a technical point....he wasn't found guilty either

)

He wasn't charged let alone found anything.
The excuse the police used was using his name would bring all the other victims out as happened with other celebrities accused.
Except it didn't. Not one person came forward and the accusation by the one person was fairly flimsy too.
It was a lot of publicity for very little, which could even have been malicious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here