Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Britain behind the Douma gas attack

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Seems strange after Russia claimed that no such attack ever took place. Have I missed something?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Who knows what the truth is, I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If only a UN backed team could go and verify.......

If the claim by the Russian propaganda team is correct why did the Russians use their veto at the UN.

At least we have a sensible leader in the White House...

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
One would have thought that after this length of time any trace of gas or chemicals would have long disappeared or am I showing my lack of knowledge of such things? I have a confession to make, Hitler is living in my garden shed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This sort of thing makes me absolutely proud to be British ! Only us Brits could get a special team in to the centre of a war zone between many opposing factions and with Russians there too, carrying an illegal mixture of nerve gasses and delivery system and set it off and then get out of said war zone without being detected. This sort of thing is a doddle for us, far easier than trying to sort the Eire/N I border post brexit.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I'd cheer if we gassed The EU Parliament as a good bye gesture. Come on Nigel sort it

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Assad did it. Period. Killing your own people is the worst possible crime. I actually applaud our Prime Minister for taking the right decision even though she knows it won’t be popular and could lose her votes.

However you can’t just sit and do nothing which is what the idiotic commie Corbyn suggests . At least May has principles, Corbyn has none. He’s just a terrorist sympathiser and horrible human being

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Assad did it. Period. Killing your own people is the worst possible crime. I actually applaud our Prime Minister for taking the right decision even though she knows it won’t be popular and could lose her votes.

However you can’t just sit and do nothing which is what the idiotic commie Corbyn suggests . At least May has principles, Corbyn has none. He’s just a terrorist sympathiser and horrible human being
Weapons of mass destruction - get in boys
Terroist training camps - get in boys
We mustn’t let these Syrians get away Scot free.... there is another 500 thousand people we can let die in a new war where we stick a puppet government in to create stability......... oh feck me is it happening again. I’d laugh if it was funny.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I haven't heard them accuse us directly. I do have my doubts that it was Assad though. It makes no sense for him to do something like that, he has been winning the war, the U.S. announced they were going to pull out of the country only a couple of weeks ago. Doing this is the one thing that would lead to problems for him. The people who benefit from this attack are Assad's enemies, not Assad.

We are in danger of being played because we are predictable and we don't seem to care much about evidence.

Remember the last chemical attack in Syria using Sarin?

Turkish MP Eren Erdem has claimed materials to produce deadly sarin gas came from Turkey and arrived in Isis camps in Syria.

Sarin gas is a military-grade chemical that was used in a notorious attack on Ghouta and other neighbourhoods near Damascus in 2013.

Erdem, from the Republican People's Party (CHP), made the claims in parliament, citing evidence from an abruptly-closed criminal case.

Erdem showed parliament copy of the criminal case (number 2013/120) that was opened by the General Prosecutor's Office in the city of Adana in southern Turkey.

He said evidence from that this case shows various Turkish nationals were dealing directly with Isis and other terrorist groups in Syria, supplying them with sarin gas.

The MP said authorities conducted raids and arrested 13 suspects in the case. But a week later the case was closed and all the suspects crossed from Turkey into Syria.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...rom-turkey-claims-mp-eren-erdem-34286662.html

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I haven't heard them accuse us directly. I do have my doubts that it was Assad though. It makes no sense for him to do something like that, he has been winning the war, the U.S. announced they were going to pull out of the country only a couple of weeks ago. Doing this is the one thing that would lead to problems for him. The people who benefit from this attack are Assad's enemies, not Assad.

We are in danger of being played because we are predictable and we don't seem to care much about evidence.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...rom-turkey-claims-mp-eren-erdem-34286662.html

It's common knowledge that the opposition groups (in other circumstances they would be called 'terrorists' but it doesn't fit the narrative) have access to chemical weapons. Doesn't seem to be much issue made of it.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Assad did it. Period.

No need for an investigation then. Even though many different groups have access to chemical weaponry.

Killing your own people is the worst possible crime.

Shame some of the DWP aren't reading that

I actually applaud our Prime Minister for taking the right decision even though she knows it won’t be popular and could lose her votes.

What decision is that then ?

He's in good company then- because supporting the opposition in this conflict is exactly that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wonder why the French President is so certain Assad was behind this latest atrocity.

"We have proof that last week chemical weapons, at least chlorine, were used by the regime of Bashar al-Assad."

"Regimes that think they can do everything they want, including the worst things that violate international law, cannot be allowed to act."

Perhaps he has access to all the intelligence unlike peeps on a footy forum. :shrug:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

If they didn't do it why deny it ever happened?

I don't know if they did it or not but on the balance of probability I would suspect a regime that has regularly dropped barrel bombs and other indiscriminate munitions on innocent civilian populations.

With Russian backing Assad knows he is almost untouchable as they will immediately deploy their denial/distraction tactics and just pretend it never happened.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

For the last 15 years there has been a lot of crying wolf and lies. So even with the timing making no sense as you explain, the fact that we are continually lied to only takes us to Assad may or may not have done.

I have no faith in our government on what they say is true because we were let down big time by deception. As I said I liken this moment in time as the cry wolf story.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If they didn't do it why deny it ever happened?

I don't know if they did it or not but on the balance of probability I would suspect a regime that has regularly dropped barrel bombs and other indiscriminate munitions on innocent civilian populations.

With Russian backing Assad knows he is almost untouchable as they will immediately deploy their denial/distraction tactics and just pretend it never happened.

These Wahhabi fighters have always said that they will fight to the death, and they believe that they and any children who are injured or killed will be greatly rewarded in heaven. They are happy to use children as their propaganda tool.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

what nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ultimately I fail to see the difference between chemical weapons and the bullet of a snipers gun.

They both kill innocent people for political reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here