Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the bus to Brighton I noticed that the parking has changed I dont know when this happened but the signs are now showing 30 mins no return within 2 hours except for disabled. I am going to BH later today, as it is now and will check them out and report back.
    If you mean that sign in the bay has changed, then it's likely to have been an issue/not compliant, before.

Also I forgot to say another classic reason for winning a PCN appeal v a Council is that the signs do not match the Traffic Order. You can only contravene a Traffic Order, not the signs or lines, so any mismatch kills it. For example if they paint DYL 2 metres longer than in the Order, then the last 2 metres are a nullity.

If the signs have just changed then the Traffic Order will certainly have changed beforehand...wonder when? My money is on the TO not matching the old sign, and the bay not being compliant. Would like to hear the outcome as long as the OP bears in mind the first appeal will be rejected, and cases are won later, with no discount (a mere bribe not to appeal further) in play. It will be all or nothing, with the odds in the motorist's favour at adjudication.

These are typical pepipoo forum loopholes that work - and there is nothing wrong with that. The expectation is Councils are right, but so often, they aren't.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      I didnt get there today but it seems that all of the signs have changed fairly recently. I do not know when but parking is now permitted for a maximum 30 mins.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Makes much more sense, because that means disabled people can park for as long as they need (as per the Blue Badge Handbook) and also 30 mins allows for loading or short trips to a shop, encouraging small shop custom in the area.

So the PCN issued certainly has issues (likely to be won, as ever on pepipoo, they all are likely to be cancelled, honestly it's the norm when you know how)/. When the OP wins in the end, I'd be happy to hear what the adjudicator or Council (at 2nd stage) say it was won on.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Checked it out today and found that the original yellow lines up the road have been blacked out for 2 large bays showing the signs 30 mins in any hour no return within 2 hours. At each end of the bays there are double yellow lines at one end and single at the other with signs no parking 8am -6pm. I hope that this helps somebody in the future.

0 Not allowed!
      My turn.Nipped in to the pharmacy at 175 Medical Centre in Preston Road. I was in there for 20 minutes, waiting for a space, parked up, had prescription dispensed, then left.
      Today, one week later, parking charge notice received from Parking Eye for £100 or £60 for early payment. I don't have a receipt to prove I was there as I don't pay. Hopefully the pharmacy will provide proof of prescription dispensed, but if not, can I fight it?
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Just reminded to post a heads up to @LadySeagull. Mrs T followed advice given to others by the aforesaid, and a ludicrous demand for money for stopping for a minute outside a hotel in the docklands to check where the effing **** she was, has now evaporated and, after around 5 months, presumably is now in the ionosphere mingling with the Northern Lights
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
      My turn.Nipped in to the pharmacy at 175 Medical Centre in Preston Road. I was in there for 20 minutes, waiting for a space, parked up, had prescription dispensed, then left.
      Today, one week later, parking charge notice received from Parking Eye for £100 or £60 for early payment. I don't have a receipt to prove I was there as I don't pay. Hopefully the pharmacy will provide proof of prescription dispensed, but if not, can I fight it?
      If @LadySeagull isn't about to assist, have a look at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 - lots of stuff about Parking Eye on there.

I just won one at POPLA for my son against ECP
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by happypig View Post
      If @LadySeagull isn't about to assist, have a look at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 - lots of stuff about Parking Eye on there.

I just won one at POPLA for my son against ECP
      Thanks for that. I'm going down the pharmacy tomorrow to see if they can help/give me proof of dispensing the script. Otherwise I'll take a look. Cheers
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!

0 Not allowed!
      Name:  IndelibleFaintAnole-max-1mb.gif
Views: 143
Size:  548.6 KB
      RIP Bud

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
      Thanks for that. I'm going down the pharmacy tomorrow to see if they can help/give me proof of dispensing the script. Otherwise I'll take a look. Cheers
      I got my ticket there whilst going to the pharmacy but am a patient for the surgery the practice manager has pre written letters to give patients if you are a patient of the surgery I would contact her.