Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59
  1. #21
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Haywards Heath
    Posts
    65,327


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I parked in this bay earlier on this week to pop into the bank and only realised it was a disabled bay on my return. I don't park in town regularly but last time I did I'm certain it was a general parking bay
    I have only lived in the area since 2001 and to the best of my knowledge it has never been a free for all parking area that I know of but could well be wrong.so will not argue if that is so.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Dorset
      Posts
      3,509


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Argartu View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Bugger. Thanks anyway all.
      bang to rights.....
    • #23
      The great escape British Bulldog's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Posts
      10,138


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazwag View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They probably are not allowed to write "disabled" on the road any more as it not politically correct
      Road markings are much easier, causes hell of a tailback every time I have to get out of my car to read a small sign on a wall.
      She's got her knickers in a twist again
    • #24
      Members Jack Daniels's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Buggers Hole
      Posts
      1,219


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Argartu View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was at the back of the bay as you look at it in the picture, which is why I didn't clock the sign in the first place.

      A bit of digging has revealed that The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 dictates that disabled bays do not need to be marked as such in the road.

      Seems like a nice moneyspinner for the council, the whole road is free parking apart from that section and I bet I'm not the first person they've caught out!
      Made the same mistake at Christmas. Lucky someone yelled at me across the road. So I moved on.

      Clearly a trap.



      Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      Vicente
    • #25
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Telford
      Posts
      6,042


      0 Not allowed!
      Where's Lady Gull she's our parking ticket SME
    • #26
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      65,327


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Where's Lady Gull she's our parking ticket SME
      I do no think that she is needed as the issue of the ticket in this area is very clear and happens a lot.
    • #27
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Portslade
      Posts
      828


      1 Not allowed!
      I disagree. NOT 'bang to rights' and this isn't even a permit bay so why anyone posted about 'permit bays not needing words on the road' I have no idea!

      The OP should post on pepipoo Council PCN forum:

      http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

      Most council PCNs can be overturned.
    • #28
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Portslade
      Posts
      828


      1 Not allowed!
      I disagree.

      NOT 'bang to rights' and this isn't even a permit bay so why anyone posted about 'permit bays not needing words on the road' I have no idea!

      The OP should post on pepipoo Council PCN forum:

      http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

      Most council PCNs can be overturned.


      Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My neighbour went shopping at a supermarket which had changed hand (co-op to Lidl). Unbeknownst to her, not only had the supermarket changed but also the car park rules. Every bay was now a 10 minutes loading bay and a week later a PCN dropped through her letterbox.
      And that sounds like a scam private parking ticket, nothing like a real Council PCN and no-one with any sense pays them! Even Parliament sussed it's a scam industry last month.
    • #29
      Members Surrey Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Spitting distance from Croydon, let me check...yup still spitting distance
      Posts
      615


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LadySeagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I disagree.

      NOT 'bang to rights' and this isn't even a permit bay so why anyone posted about 'permit bays not needing words on the road' I have no idea!

      The OP should post on pepipoo Council PCN forum:

      http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

      Most council PCNs can be overturned.



      And that sounds like a scam private parking ticket, nothing like a real Council PCN and no-one with any sense pays them! Even Parliament sussed it's a scam industry last month.
      Yeah she's wrote a stern letter to the store manager demanding action.
      On the perception of disabled people in this country;
      "That's the problem you get. People are either shown those amazing Paralympians who are competing for their country, who are incredible individuals or benefit scroungers."
      - Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE
    • #30
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Portslade
      Posts
      828


      0 Not allowed!
      Good!

      If it's Lidl with the parking firm Athena, then no appeal will get it cancelled but the CEO (Mr Hartnaegel) or Head Office of the Supermarket will cancel, just as Morrisons do all the time, with those pathetic ParkingEye 'you stayed 12 minutes too long' tickets.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •