Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    As per the pictures I believe that anybody who parks behind the back car of the two ie nearer the corner should have their penalty doubled as it is inconsiderate to all other motorists and causes immense jams and congestion to large vehicles like buses turning into the road. Not sure whether that app[lies to the OP or if his was the 2nd car.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Was at the back of the bay as you look at it in the picture, which is why I didn't clock the sign in the first place.

A bit of digging has revealed that The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 dictates that disabled bays do not need to be marked as such in the road.

Seems like a nice moneyspinner for the council, the whole road is free parking apart from that section and I bet I'm not the first person they've caught out!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Argartu View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was at the back of the bay as you look at it in the picture, which is why I didn't clock the sign in the first place.

A bit of digging has revealed that The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 dictates that disabled bays do not need to be marked as such in the road.

Seems like a nice moneyspinner for the council, the whole road is free parking apart from that section and I bet I'm not the first person they've caught out!
      You might have a different view if you, or one of your family, were disabled.

0 Not allowed!
      This has caught a few people out and because there was only one small sign someone had some larger ones made and fixed them to the wall at this site, but looking at your picture it looks like they have been removed.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by boik View Post
      You might have a different view if you, or one of your family, were disabled.
      No issue with the space being disabled only, just annoyed I got a ticket for not seeing the sign!
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Hope you didn't read all of this! They have actually been superseded by a 2016 version, which is around 550 pages long if you're really interested....
      Spitting distance from Croydon, let me check...yup still spitting distance

0 Not allowed!
      My neighbour went shopping at a supermarket which had changed hand (co-op to Lidl). Unbeknownst to her, not only had the supermarket changed but also the car park rules. Every bay was now a 10 minutes loading bay and a week later a PCN dropped through her letterbox.
      On the perception of disabled people in this country;
      "That's the problem you get. People are either shown those amazing Paralympians who are competing for their country, who are incredible individuals or benefit scroungers."
      - Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE
      Members

0 Not allowed!

That isnt so the road is clearly signposted No Parking disabled only and is regularly patrolled. I accept that many people ignore this and take a chance to 'nip' in the bank etc.
      The oldest known computer

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      As per the pictures I believe that anybody who parks behind the back car of the two ie nearer the corner should have their penalty doubled as it is inconsiderate to all other motorists and causes immense jams and congestion to large vehicles like buses turning into the road. Not sure whether that app[lies to the OP or if his was the 2nd car.
      It’s a google street view image, not the OP’s.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I parked in this bay earlier on this week to pop into the bank and only realised it was a disabled bay on my return. I don't park in town regularly but last time I did I'm certain it was a general parking bay