Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Diane Abbott, another fine performance

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So is the issue she used a poor phrase and people have died? Had migrants not died in a crossing before Lee Anderson used it originally and was supported by the Conservative party? Or were they all unaware people had died previously?
It's not a phrase that would even occur to me, let alone post on social media.

A prompt deletion enhances this view.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
She’s completely irrelevant, might as well ask my cat for her thoughts. If she was relevant at all to UK politics then fair enough, but everyone - including Labour themselves - see her as a bit of an embarrassment. I don’t understand why this got bounced.

It’s like bouncing a thread from a decade ago pointing out Gary Gardner is still shit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She's changed since then?
I think the point is it (she) no longer matters.

Like "whatbout Boris Johnson".

Still.....I think the thread bounce has been useful. It has smoked out some rum coves. Not that they needed much smoking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She’s completely irrelevant, might as well ask my cat for her thoughts. If she was relevant at all to UK politics then fair enough, but everyone - including Labour themselves - see her as a bit of an embarrassment. I don’t understand why this got bounced.

It’s like bouncing a thread from a decade ago pointing out Gary Gardner is still shit.
Because the thread bouncer is a desperate wanker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This trolling is f***ing tedious. f*** off potty, for f***'s sake.

1691672368137.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This was particularly embarrassing, she was the Shadow Home Secretary at the time, a graphic illustration of putting diversity and inclusion and quotas ahead getting the right people into the right roles. From 4 minutes on it's gets particularly amusing and embarrassing:

It's you that's embarrassing.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think the point is it (she) no longer matters.

Like "whatbout Boris Johnson".

Still.....I think the thread bounce has been useful. It has smoked out some rum coves. Not that they needed much smoking.
I did however panic, in the same way I panic when I see a famous older name I like as the thread title, thinking it’s a RIP thread. Something like “Abbott to be lynchpin of reshuffled Labour shadow cabinet”

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not really got much to add about DA's tweet, other than it's quite funny/interesting/dumb that people on social media who are frothing at the gash about what she said are also fully behind Lee Anderson's comments (which were subsequently supported by others in the Conservative party) about them 'going' back to France. Which is the point she was (very clumsily, to put it mildly) referring to.

Politics in a nutshell.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Apologies, my mistake.

In hindsight it would not have taken a second to start a new thread for this poor taste, social media blunder.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the only relevance of this story is to vindicate Sir Keir Starmer's sound judgement to remove the whip away from her in April 2023 in the wake of ill-conceived and badly-worded comments about Jews not suffering racism.

She should not be let loose anywhere near a Twitter account.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No I'm not, the ex Shadow HS interview was embarrassing. Instead of labeling me why don't you defend her interview?
I'm not interested in has-been politicians.

Why are you?

Embarrassing.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I'm not interested in has-been politicians.

Why are you?

Embarrassing.
'Has-been' politician? She still is a politician!! I would also guess one who would stand a reasonable chance of securing a cabinet role should Labour win the next election, hardly a 'has been.'

Wow the great HWT somewhat stumped for words and unable to defend a shocking Labour party MP interview, imagine if that it was a Tory MP making a complete fool of themselves live on Sky news, we would've got one of your 'oh so quirky look at how intelligent I am' posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here