Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Diane Abbott, another fine performance

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
For much the same reason as the tories keep putting Boris Johnson forward for interviews. A very dangerous man is Boris, and an accident waiting to happen as our Foreign Secretary.
Prescient

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Abbot isn't the sharpest tool in the box but look who the Tories have even given ministerial posts

Nadine Dorries
Gavin Williamson
JRM
Lee Anderson
Jonathon Gullis
Plenty more

Total fuckwits but Abbot seems to be the common target of derision. I suppose what it comes down to is if your white middle class or not

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 17, 2008
Abbot isn't the sharpest tool in the box but look who the Tories have even given ministerial posts

Nadine Dorries
Gavin Williamson
JRM
Lee Anderson
Jonathon Gullis
Plenty more

Total fuckwits but Abbot seems to be the common target of derision. I suppose what it comes down to is if your white middle class or not
It is a shame about your final paragraph. This absolutely isn’t a race thing from most I would hope - I know it certainly isn’t myself. There are rubbish politicians across all the parties, and Abbott was simply one of the highest profile and most rubbish ones on the Labour side.

As I say, she’s completely irrelevant now anyway - she saw to that herself. There’s zero chance of Abbott being in government, she hasn’t even got the whip and is considered a liability and a figure of fun from all sides. Her constant gaffes moved from being amusing to offensive with her antisemitism and that was the moment the worm turned.

It’s just a chance to bash a really crap Labour politician for some, to from deflect how crap most of the Tories are.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
People drowning in the Med is dreadful but what should politicians be doing about it exactly? Perhaps making greater efforts to identify and punish traffickers? Monitoring more closely the departure of small boats from North Africa? Seem obvious to me that the best system would be to get clearance for lawful migration before leaving, then once approved, travel safely and much more cheaply to the accepting country.
Stopping the boats, apparently :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It is a shame about your final paragraph. This absolutely isn’t a race thing from most I would hope - I know it certainly isn’t myself. There are rubbish politicians across all the parties, and Abbott was simply one of the highest profile and most rubbish ones on the Labour side.

As I say, she’s completely irrelevant now anyway - she saw to that herself. There’s zero chance of Abbott being in government, she hasn’t even got the whip and is considered a liability and a figure of fun from all sides. Her constant gaffes moved from being amusing to offensive with her antisemitism and that was the moment the worm turned.

It’s just a chance to bash a really crap Labour politician for some, to from deflect how crap most of the Tories are.

As a bit of balance, her constituents clearly like her which is why she has been elected time and time again.

As for her gaffes the original one which damaged her was sending her son to private school. It was only later we found out the tragic back story.

As for her recent gaffes yes appalling and she deserves criticism and her political career is clearly coming to an end. However you have to put them into the context of the vile racist abuse she has received for years on social media, email and through the post. It is completely off the scale. I've seen some of it and there isn't a single MP in history who has suffered sustained long term abuse like she has. Not one.

With her well known serious health issues, drinking and personal tragedies it was only a matter of time till she lost the plot.

We all have to take personal responsibility, especially as an MP but in her case those who abused her also have to take responsibility too.

I think history will judge her kindly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Always worth remembering thats the same Keir Starmer who willingly served under the now exiled Corbyn and alongside the cabinet of 'loonies' campaigning to get them into government... such a principled fella!

Also worth remembering our current PM who....

I can't be bothered.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Always worth remembering thats the same Keir Starmer who willingly served under the now exiled Corbyn and alongside the cabinet of 'loonies' campaigning to get them into government... such a principled fella!
Always worth remembering that’s the Conservative Deputy Chairman willingly campaigning for Corbyn when he was a Labour councillor.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 22

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I'd rather be arrogant than mad.
Sad really that you label someone whose views differ to yours as 'mad.' Interesting how casually you throw around the word 'mad' as by your own admission you are autistic which is a mental health condition that deserves empathy and understanding and which is seen as a different condition to 'normal.' Would you be happy to be labelled as 'mad' as you are autistic?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sad really that you label someone whose views differ to yours as 'mad.' Interesting how casually you throw around the word 'mad' as by your own admission you are autistic which is a mental health condition that deserves empathy and understanding and which is seen as a different condition to 'normal.' Would you be happy to be labelled as 'mad' as you are autistic?
You seem like the sort of person to label someone autistic as mad.

I'm the sort of person who labels someone who writes idiotic nonsense as mad. Such as mooting the likely appointment to the shadow cabinet by Starmer of someone who he has removed the whip.

Perhaps you're not mad and simply someone who doesn't know or understand what's going on in the world. :shrug:

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
You seem like the sort of person to label someone autistic as mad.

I'm the sort of person who labels someone who writes idiotic nonsense as mad. Such as mooting the likely appointment to the shadow cabinet by Starmer of someone who he has removed the whip.

Perhaps you're not mad and simply someone who doesn't know or understand what's going on in the world. :shrug:
Really? Even though I said autistic people deserve 'empathy and understanding.'

You are the sort of person who labels someone as 'mad' if they dare to disagree with you.

Fair point about the removal of the whip, although in politics nothing would surprise me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Nadine Dorries
Gavin Williamson
JRM
Lee Anderson
Jonathon Gullis
Plenty more

Are you Scouse by any chance?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really? Even though I said autistic people deserve 'empathy and understanding.'

You are the sort of person who labels someone as 'mad' if they dare to disagree with you.

Fair point about the removal of the whip, although in politics nothing would surprise me.
Never mind. Even though you probably think I like a spat, I don't really. Cracking win today. All the best :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here