Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Diane Abbott, another fine performance

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Meaning?...... more people with their hand out?....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Living out here I don't really get the Dianne Abbot hate. What is the reason for the vitriol? Is it just cos she's a bit shit at public speaking (as parodied by Triggaaar)? Or is there something more? If you consider that the alternative is having another 5 years of human rights abusing Tory Home Secretaries I'd like to think she'd done something pretty effing horrific to be worse than May n' Rudd.

Can someone enlighten me?

You won't find much of substance or policy, more that she makes the odd error on the tele. Nothing to do with the fact that she's a black woman, of course.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Actual better debate last night but the blonde can go back to Australian.
Brexit part of the debate got the audience going.
I voted to stay but I wish everyone would except the vote as we are playing into the hands of the Guys who won't to punish Britain to set an example to any other country's thinking of leaving.
Don't forget Europe trade to the U.K is more than U.K to EU

Accept FFS! :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Meaning?...... more people with their hand out?....

Now why would more people " have their hands out " in the 5th biggest economy in the world where apparently there have never been so many people in jobs before ?

Edit : Are you an alternative account of Titanic's ?

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Now why would more people " have their hands out " in the 5th biggest economy in the world where apparently there have never been so many people in jobs before ?

Edit : Are you an alternative account of Titanic's ?
More 'entitled' people. ( entitled in a self diagnosed way)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
She talks in ****ing riddles

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
She's abit rascist, can't count, former squeeze of her boss and exudes a snake like personality with teflon technology built in to talk bollocks and get away with it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Living out here I don't really get the Dianne Abbot hate. What is the reason for the vitriol? Is it just cos she's a bit shit at public speaking (as parodied by Triggaaar)? Or is there something more? If you consider that the alternative is having another 5 years of human rights abusing Tory Home Secretaries I'd like to think she'd done something pretty effing horrific to be worse than May n' Rudd.

Can someone enlighten me?

I think the main thing is that she presented herself as a left wing orthodox politician, which includes opposition to private education (I can't quote on this, but the oft repeated orthodoxy includes the position that those who send their kids private can't be trusted to run state education) then she sent her kid to private school, and when challenged maintained this is a private matter (again I can't qote all the quotes, nor can I be bothered to look them up). So this dichotomy between public utterance and private practice was seized upon. I have had no reason to believe this picture is incorrect, but I am happy to be corrected.

Plus she has a manner and way of speaking that sounds very similar to the tory, whose name escapes me (Liverpool supporting Jewish Welshman), who was tory leader after the little yorkshireman, who always had a smart and smarmy sixth form debating society style, and she, like the tory, seems to sound unreasonably pleased with herself after making a very nuanced and not actually relevant rebuttal to a criticism (while rolling her eyes). Very annoying.

Yet I enjoyed her performances on TV with the tory who wears the pastel coloured jackets and trousers (an old school mate of hers as it happens), on the Andrew 'Brillo Pad' Neill programme.

But as a politician, it was her recent willingness to do political interviews without properly briefing heself that was the most startling. She came across as a mug.

Nevertheless, she is an easy hate figure for people who think black people should get back to driving the number 11 bus, and that women should get back in the kitchen, and lefties should shut up, and this seems to be the main reason for the tide of abuse, trolling and feather spitting, frankly. I personally don't like her, and regard Corbyn as an idiot for giving her such an unsuitable shadow cabinet position, but so it goes.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Detatched from reality Institutionalised career politician. Gives them all a bad name (never mind her own party) - needs kicking into the long grass (& should have been long ago)

She's ****ing bonkers

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Detatched from reality Institutionalised career politician. Gives them all a bad name (never mind her own party) - needs kicking into the long grass (& should have been long ago)

She's ****ing bonkers

It's good that she's getting all this attention when the Home Office minister she shadows has been caught out yet again for lying to parliament.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Unemployment is at lowest level since 1975. significantly, just 25% of unemployed people have been jobless for more than a year. This is lower than at any time in the 80s or 90s, boom or bust. The equivalent figure is 44% France, 58% Italy and 72% Greece.

Interesting though that one of the reasons why people wanted to vote leave was because of foreigners taking all the jobs....

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You mean a swivel eyed right wing head banging love fest ???

Not really.

May is about as incompetent as you can get as PM. However she is surrounded by equally useless specimens that masquerade as her cabinet which can’t help. Not that that is any way an excuse for uselessness. Who the f*ck believes Gove is capable of rational thought! A complete shower of sh*te.

As for labour. A leader who is unfortunately to close to his daily mail persona for my liking. I’m not sure what p*sses me of more, the fact that the daily mail is likely to be correct or that Corbyn is everything they say he is. Any party that has MacDonald in it has a great deal to answer for. Holding up the little red book in parliament was about low as you can get. Let’s face it, Mao was as about as bad as you could get in terms of 20th century despots, which is praise indeed considering the competition!
DA is way past her best and I think it grossly unfair that Corbyn stuck her in front of the camera. Hung out to dry.

I never voted for either party and on present performance that isn’t going to change.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It's good that she's getting all this attention when the Home Office minister she shadows has been caught out yet again for lying to parliament.

Very true and I expect her to resign. I also expect Corbyn to resign because of his inability to deal with the anti-semitism in his party. Both situations are abhorrent are need to be addressed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here