Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zaha: they can just go back to wherever they came from

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As long as Palace are in the Premier League, I can see Zaha staying with them.

But supposing he does go... really, the market is so ridiculous these days, it's probably close to impossible to predict what he would go for if he does leave. Obviously his failure at Utd will give a bit of pause to a buying club, but even so, the market has moved on since then, and you're trying to convince a one man team to part with that one man - it would take a big fee.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tough one

He does love Palace clearly and is one of our own, possibly best player to ever wear the shirt. When you have a player that reaches his level can he remain at a club like Palace forever ala Le Tissier.. I bloody hope so.

No one knows his ambitions. He already gets paid a ridiculous whack and has been burnt at United already. He is a well known home bird and clearly revels in being Mr Palace. I hope that’s enough for him.

It won’t be. It’s the kind of sentimental nonsense fans believe but he will want another crack at a champions league club.
How much is he rumoured to be on btw?

Ps Ian wright is the best ever palace player, closely followed by my persOnal favourite, Tomas brolin.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Come on - Zaha is a good player, he's kept you lot up but 60 million? I don't think so.

I’m actually disappointed, I thought they’d go north of 80

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
As long as Palace are in the Premier League, I can see Zaha staying with them.

But supposing he does go... really, the market is so ridiculous these days, it's probably close to impossible to predict what he would go for if he does leave. Obviously his failure at Utd will give a bit of pause to a buying club, but even so, the market has moved on since then, and you're trying to convince a one man team to part with that one man - it would take a big fee.

Absolute nonsense

Signed by Fergie who then left and never given a chance by Moyse. Was never given the chance fail. Wouldn’t be the first young player to not work out a massive club to then go onto better things elsewhere. But yeah you’re Brighton fans I get it

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
It won’t be. It’s the kind of sentimental nonsense fans believe but he will want another crack at a champions league club.
How much is he rumoured to be on btw?

Ps Ian wright is the best ever palace player, closely followed by my persOnal favourite, Tomas brolin.

Yes maybe, he’s certainly good enough.

£120k pw is understood to be the number.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can’t imagine what the score would have been if he was fully fit and scaring defences as we all know he is capable of.

Imagine having a player in your team who was as poor as you suggest, yet still scored two goals in a relegation derby.

He’s been back in your first team for five weeks now. If he’s neither fully fit nor match fit you should be asking questions. I know your side have to train in squalid conditions, but even so you are a Premier League side. Try to act like it.

I’m not suggesting Zaha is poor. As I’ve said repeatedly on those very pages he is a mercurial talent capable of doing things with the ball at his feet beyond almost every other player in the league.

But today with the ball at his feet he did nothing. It clearly doesn’t matter as you won.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Right lads going to get my palace Jim jams on ready for match of the day. I’m guessing you will give it a miss

Nite x

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tough one

He does love Palace clearly and is one of our own, possibly best player to ever wear the shirt. When you have a player that reaches his level can he remain at a club like Palace forever ala Le Tissier.. I bloody hope so.

No one knows his ambitions. He already gets paid a ridiculous whack and has been burnt at United already. He is a well known home bird and clearly revels in being Mr Palace. I hope that’s enough for him.

Better than Peter Taylor or steve coppell?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Palace guests - go on, cheer us all up by answering this question. How much do you think wilf is worth?
Don’t be shy

The problem is with the question is what is he worth to Palace really.
0 win and 3 goals in 9 games without him in the league this year, aging players really living off a reputation who had been signed for big money and I’d imagine the wage bill is bloody hefty up there as well with Sakho Benteke Cabaye Townsend. They also lose Loftus Cheek next season. Currently suggests if he left they would struggle. Obviously they could spend a fortune on other players and be ok but at the moment they are a 1 man side the statistics don’t lie.
For that reason alone I’d think they would want £40 million quid if not more. Personally can’t see many teams anywhere wanting to offer anywhere near that amount for him but I could be wrong. Maybe Everton will I suppose their new chairman loves splashing money.

Jan 30, 2008
He’s been back in your first team for five weeks now. If he’s neither fully fit nor match fit you should be asking questions. I know your side have to train in squalid conditions, but even so you are a Premier League side. Try to act like it.

I’m not suggesting Zaha is poor. As I’ve said repeatedly on those very pages he is a mercurial talent capable of doing things with the ball at his feet beyond almost every other player in the league.

But today with the ball at his feet he did nothing. It clearly doesn’t matter as you won.
valley bar anyone :whistle:
regards
DR

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bolasie went for £30m odd a couple of years ago, they'll expect double that from Spurs in the summer.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
Better than Peter Taylor or steve coppell?

As Coppell never played for us...............yes hes better, Peter Taylor was a class above all that came before him, Don Rogers weren't too shabby either, AJ (wears that magic hat) was decent, I seen them all Samsom, Moses, Clyne, Wilf is without a doubt the best Palace player ever (never saw Johnny Byrne) he epitomises our club and we love him, you lot still claim Gareth Barry!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As Coppell never played for us...............yes hes better, Peter Taylor was a class above all that came before him, Don Rogers weren't too shabby either, AJ (wears that magic hat) was decent, I seen them all Samsom, Moses, Clyne, Wilf is without a doubt the best Palace player ever (never saw Johnny Byrne) he epitomises our club and we love him, you lot still claim Gareth Barry!!!

Yes of course, he only managed! Age getting to be.

Best player I ever saw was frank worthington when he played for hudds! Personally of all the players I feared when playing palace , over my forty five years of supporting brighton was jim cannon and vince hillaire. The later players like aj and Saha are decent players but I have never seen anyone dominate a game like hillaire could.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Palace guests - go on, cheer us all up by answering this question. How much do you think wilf is worth?
Don’t be shy

At a guess, he will be the reason we will stay up again.

That’s worth what, £100m plus?

You tell me what a player capable of that is worth?

And then add the worth of his two goals at the Amex playoff semi, plus the penalty in the final?

Be honest, he’s a special talent.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yes of course, he only managed! Age getting to be.

Best player I ever saw was frank worthington when he played for hudds! Personally of all the players I feared when playing palace , over my forty five years of supporting brighton was jim cannon and vince hillaire. The later players like aj and Saha are decent players but I have never seen anyone dominate a game like hillaire could.

Different times players like Worthington an Hillaire were v skillful ball players in a era of no nonsense football players, these days there are many skillful players. Who in turn are protected by referees from no nonsense players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here