Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Warwickshire v Sussex, CC Div 2, 11AM KO, Apr 13-16, 2018, Edgbaston***

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Start will possibly be delayed due to rain, max temp today 9c if BBC weather is to be believed!!! The other three days getting warmer and dryer. Temp forecast for 21c on Wed up there.

Cue a day trip to Birmingham next Wednesday then. 21 celsius in Birmingham is positively tropical!

Is it POTG?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully Warwickshire will decide to have a bat, that should take quite a lot of time out of the game.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Will Will Sheffield a 17 year old left arm swing bowler be our next bowling sensation, anyone know where he is from, I assume a local lad.

He is from Uckfield and has grown up playing his cricket for Buxted Park CC.

Regrettably for BPCC for this season he has moved to Mayfield CC to play at a higher level. he can play higher than that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like Day One of the season has gone rather well !

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Another season, one with some hope that a young side can step up under new management with a brilliant track record.

Injurys already with Garton, Sakande and Briggs all out for this first of two away championship games, and Jordan and Archer also away for 5 weeks in India.

The team we have put forward to try and avoid an embarrassing innings defeat is the following.

Will Will Sheffield a 17 year old left arm swing bowler be our next bowling sensation, anyone know where he is from, I assume a local lad.

Sussex CCC squad:

Ben Brown (c/wk)
Will Beer
Michael Burgess
Harry Finch
Ollie Robinson
Phil Salt
Ishant Sharma
Will Sheffield
Stiaan van Zyl
Stuart Whittingham
David Wiese
Luke Wells
Luke Wright

I make that...

7 × Sussex Academy players
3 × English transfers in (all as unproven potential)
2 × SA imports
1 × top rank overseas

No idea how well they will do but "Dizzy" will have done what is possible in terms of encouraging a positive approach from the chosen XI.

#GOSBTS

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I make that...

7 × Sussex Academy players
3 × English transfers in (all as unproven potential)
2 × SA imports
1 × top rank overseas

Luke Wright - unproven potential? He's 33, played 100 times for England and is a former captain. Isn't it a bit late to be talking about 'potential' ? :lolol:

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Luke Wright - unproven potential? He's 33, played 100 times for England and is a former captain. Isn't it a bit late to be talking about 'potential' ? [emoji38]ol:
I trust that is a deliberate misunderstanding... [emoji846]

The presence of the now uber experienced LWWW in the squad is of course very welcome and he shoulders considerable responsibility these days.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I drive right past the ground to and from work.
Was damp and rain/drizzle yesterday.
Same again today.
Needs the hair-dryers out to get the outfield dry.
Might get two days in starting Sunday ...
#doubtfull

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I trust that is a deliberate misunderstanding... [emoji846]

The presence of the now uber experienced LWWW in the squad is of course very welcome and he shoulders considerable responsibility these days.

I'm not sure what I've misunderstood: you said there were three transfers from counties (Wright, Burgess and Robinson) of 'unproven potential'. I was just raising my eyebrows at the description of 33-year-old former captain as having potential.

But yes, I think he'll be better this year, don't think the responsibility of captaincy hung well on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here