Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7 Years ago today...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fantastic game, am I right in thinking we got told to keep off the pitch, or the players wouldn’t come back out after the final whistle....
Heard that since as well somewhere, can’t think where ?

The most astonishing thing in those seven years is..... we have not been relegated, is that a record outside our division three south days ? Or since our last rise to the top flight ?

Yes, we were shouted at quite a few times to get off the pitch. I believe the players were told they couldn't do a lap of honour but some of them actually broke out of their changing room.
My over riding memory of that was Casper Ankergren being interviewed saying it was just another game, and Elliott Bennett telling him to bore off as we'd just got promoted.

Walsall treated us better when we won the title up there, the following week.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fantastic game, am I right in thinking we got told to keep off the pitch, or the players wouldn’t come back out after the final whistle....
Heard that since as well somewhere, can’t think where ?

The most astonishing thing in those seven years is..... we have not been relegated, is that a record outside our division three south days ? Or since our last rise to the top flight ?

Correct people had left the ground as it didnt look like they were coming back out and then a mass charge happened to get back into the ground when they eventually did.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lost a lot of respect for Poyet but that was a great season, one of my favourites since following the Albion.
Wood , Barnes and Murray was some strike force in league one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here