Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex County Cricket Club , 2018 Season

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So Friday sees our beloved Sussex start their campaign v Warwickshire in the County Championship Div 2 at Edgbaston , i have no idea of what's to come over the season and if last season is anything to go by there will certainly be a few laughs along the way . There have been some important comings and goings notably the departure of Gnasher and the appointment of Gillespie as head coach , very much a bitter sweet feeling to that , Ben Brown is now club captain , Garton and Burgess sign extended contracts , other notable signings are Ishant , and the Afghan Wizard of Leg Spin Rashid Khan for the T20's , please remember Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit when posting your 103-0 to 168 all out Sussex innings reviews , enjoy the pie chucking with sensible verbal restraint , looking forward to it , bring it on .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It looks like the budget has been spunked on thé coach .
Big Gamble that.
After all We have needed a new batter for two years and that was before Nash left .
Defo time for Garton , whittinghsmam and finch to deliver

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't think there'll be much pie chucking, our bowling attack is decent.

I can't see us getting many 400s though, hell. I can't see us getting many 300s

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Preview in The Guardian yesterday tipped us to win Div 2
I assume they think the table is purely based on bonus bowling points.
Weather permitting, I don't expect a lot of draws.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Although I love cricket have not renewed membership. People at top show very little interest in championship cricket just 20/20. We are starting season with 2 of best players not available because they are in IPL. Interesting to know how football season ticket holders would take it if there best players missed a third of games because they were playing in another league. Also once selected for country were only rarely able to play for club.
With no interest from above think county cricket will go and will just be 20/20

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We will be ok when Archer and Jordan return from the IPL probably early june , it's what we do from tomorrow up until then will be interesting , i really like the fact we will in the main be relying on raw talent in the early stages of the season in the bowling department , don't even want to think about the batting bit . :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Slightly worrying to see that the Guardian tipped us to win Div 2! (Link not to hand, sorry). Dunno how we're going to do that with no batters, no bowlers and a coach who's bound to be a failure somewhere at sometime.

were loose

EDIT: Apologies to Pevenseagull who has already pointed this out.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Obviously were loose

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What about Phil Salt?

Like Haines, like finch , like whittingham, like Barton, Garton , Rawlins, etc he has a lot to prove.
With the massive exception of archer , this golden generation of youngsters has not delivered. They are to a man, lucky to be pro sportsmen.
Finch will never be good enough for county cricket.
The hype around garton is bizarre. What’s he achieved? Next to nothing.

Hopefully Gillespie will put the pressure on so we can see who is up to it. Some of them must be weeded out.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I can see Sussex doing well this season tbh, bowling is very good.

1339.gif

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to a bold new era of seeing a cricket team trying to achieve things with one batsman.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I can see Sussex doing well this season tbh, bowling is very good.

Ishant Sharma is looking forward to it as he reckons we have one of the best bowling attacks in the country. Nobody yet seems to have had the heart to tell him he'll be batting at 4.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here