Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Has the walking Dead jumped the Shark?

Has TWD jumped the Shark?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
OK 8 seasons is quite impressive but after this weekends episode I think its days are numbered.

Twice in the last episode I burst out laughing, Im pretty sure your not supposed to do that in a Horror show.

First was when Eugene puked up all over his captive to escape and the second was Zombie Simon snapping away at the fence. I'll stick with it, Aarons tear up with the dead in the swamp was the best this shows produced in a while but Im thinking the franchise had its last Jedi moment this week.

What says you?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think it’s all got a bit ‘A Team’ loads of rounds fired, hardly anyone shot. Even I’m not that bad a shot.
Also, Carlllll, being portrayed as some kind of Gandi figure,it has just not seemed realistic (yes, I know)that he would have had this epiphany just prior to his death.

And Michone needs to get her mojo back, and start kicking arse again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This whole season has been an utter shambles.

Yeah, its had its moment in the past, but it's just meandered listlessly. I'm still watching as I just want to see it end, but its got to the point where it is laughably poor.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Surprised you lasted this long

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have no idea why, I've invested 7 previous seasons in it and I feel like I need to see it out.
I got about 6 seasons into son's of anarchy before giving up, sometimes you've just gotta BITE the bullet

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I have no idea why, I've invested 7 previous seasons in it and I feel like I need to see it out.

We only managed 3 or 4 seasons. Is it likely to get anywhere, or will it just stop? I'm guessing there was never any progress towards a "cure"?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
TWD is my guilty pleasure but it makes at least one unpardonable mistake each episode. The puking and hiding under a pile of ash is just awful writing, last week Negan magically being able to produce a flare, a gun, and the trash lady's most precious photos was ridiculous. The week before that the raid on Hilltop and using the armoured bus as some sort of decoy/trap was also ridiculous. It is pulpy and tinpot but also has some sometimes superb acting. I can't help but watch it.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Watched all untill I saw the first episode of this season. The 1,000,000 rounds of ammunition fired at Negan who stood on a platform with one way out and not one bullet grazed him. I decided that they were now taking the Micheal and I refuse to waste anymore of my time on it.

Although I will admit to asking a guy at work what happened every week.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
OK 8 seasons is quite impressive but after this weekends episode I think its days are numbered.

Twice in the last episode I burst out laughing, Im pretty sure your not supposed to do that in a Horror show.

First was when Eugene puked up all over his captive to escape and the second was Zombie Simon snapping away at the fence. I'll stick with it, Aarons tear up with the dead in the swamp was the best this shows produced in a while but Im thinking the franchise had its last Jedi moment this week.

What says you?

It took you until season 8 to start laughing?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I finally stopped watching it at the start of Season 6, before it was cool to switch off TWD. It was a great show early on, but petered out - as millions of other viewers are discovering later on.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Ash v Evil Dead is a much better TV series - good mix of comedy and horror

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Never seen it but the guys at work rave about it. I read somewhere all you need to do is watch the first two seasons, then after that just watch the first and last episode of the next 6 seasons.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't think the writers will it end any time soon, they still have loads of the comic book stuff to put out, and have mentioned that some of the unexplained stuff so far will be explained in future seasons. Whether ratings fall and it gets canned is another matter.
I've loved the show from the start and find the post society world really interesting, but god they've dragged the last two seasons out. Since it came back after the recent break, it feels like I've watched the same episode over and over.
If they do keep it going and introduce new groups and baddies then they really have to move it along quicker than they have done with the saviours. Wasn't Maggie pregnant about two seasons ago? The fact she's doesn't even look pregnant yet shows the timescale of the last two seasons has just crawled by, and i think saying "crawled" is very very generous.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here