Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Has the walking Dead jumped the Shark?

Has TWD jumped the Shark?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Thats my view, I will see this season out and hopefully the end of Neagan. After that I dont know.

You'll be watching a while then. The consistent aim of this season (which is less than subtle) is to convince you Negan isn't the baddiest of the Saviours and killing off of Carl (not in comics) with the dying message of forgiveness and truce combined with sociopathic 'Simon' who is not a comic book character who has basically been constructed for this very purpose. All in aid of you not being pissed off when the time comes...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You'll be watching a while then. The consistent aim of this season (which is less than subtle) is to convince you Negan isn't the baddiest of the Saviours and killing off of Carl (not in comics) with the dying message of forgiveness and truce combined with sociopathic 'Simon' who is not a comic book character who has basically been constructed for this very purpose. All in aid of you not being pissed off when the time comes...

I do follow the comics a bit and realise that Negan still has some mileage in him. A more general problem is the zombies are less scary now and the survivors are better at dealing with them. Aaron killing of a half a dozen with a couple of sticks and a tin opener would be considered ninja skills in the first series. Its all become more a post apocalyptic tribal drama full of emotional connecting . I'm waiting for the musical episode.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I do follow the comics a bit and realise that Negan still has some mileage in him. A more general problem is the zombies are less scary now and the survivors are better at dealing with them. Aaron killing of a half a dozen with a couple of sticks and a tin opener would be considered ninja skills in the first series. Its all become more a post apocalyptic tribal drama full of emotional connecting . I'm waiting for the musical episode.

That's the premise of the comics though, it's not so much about the zombies as human interaction in an apocalyptic world. I feel sorry for all the people who keep watching it because they are expecting it to finish with finding some kind of cure. They could I suppose, but it would be a major detachment from the comics. It's more likely to end with either everyone dying or some kind of bigger and better haven constructed.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My youngest daughter used to download the current episodes for us to watch, but since she split with her beau she hasn't bothered, so I am about 4 episodes behind now. :nono:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Zombie TV.

Relentless diminishing returns ..... It runs and runs and runs.
It staggers, it stumbles and it's teeth have fallen out..
Dead to me.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Russia did it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Isn’t the next series of TWD going to be the last? I must admit, if it wasn’t coming to an end soonish, I probably wouldn’t have bothered with this series, but I’ve spent too long watching it now, not to see it through to the end.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
The problem with these shows is that they never provide a satisfactory resolution.

And how many years has it been going. Arms factories have clearly still been able to operate and distribute their wares without fear of flesh eating zombies.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Still just about enjoying it, but it really is starting to take on a very 'B Movie' vibe. So many very obvious continuity errors, factual and plot holes.

I know it is a zombie apocalypse so you have ton suspend your disbelief somewhat - but they are pushing it further and further. In the time Maggie has been up the duff Rick's daughter has gone from a toddler to near enough starting puberty ffs. Characters change their opinions, attitude and philosophy on life at the drop of a hat and are then willing to kill for it instantly.

The writing has consistently gotten worse and worse, critics have been ripping them to shreds - but clearly the viewing numbers have remained so they have just carried on. Such a pity as at the start it was up there with Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos for me.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Still just about enjoying it, but it really is starting to take on a very 'B Movie' vibe. So many very obvious continuity errors, factual and plot holes.

I know it is a zombie apocalypse so you have ton suspend your disbelief somewhat - but they are pushing it further and further. In the time Maggie has been up the duff Rick's daughter has gone from a toddler to near enough starting puberty ffs. Characters change their opinions, attitude and philosophy on life at the drop of a hat and are then willing to kill for it instantly.

The writing has consistently gotten worse and worse, critics have been ripping them to shreds - but clearly the viewing numbers have remained so they have just carried on. Such a pity as at the start it was up there with Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos for me.

Glad I’m not the only one baffled by some of the action. Still enjoying it and keen to see Negan get his comeuppance but there seems to be little attempt to provide credible explanations for events e.g. how did the Saviors get out of Sanctuary, how did the Alexandrians manage to pack up and get out the back exit in 5 minutes flat when the Saviors rolled up, how do they manage to fire off thousands of rounds in the initial attack with so few casualties, how did Aaron end up half dead in the woods but still managed to leap up and fight off several walkers, where does the helicopter fit in to the picture etc. etc.

I’m all in favour of a little mystery but I suspect we’ll never get answers to most of these questions.........?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Yeah I stopped watching end of season 6, just got more and more dumb.

Haven't felt the urge to pick it up again and watch season 7 and 8.

Erm... what about Game of Thrones?! They've done 7 flawless seasons.

Some would argue the last season of Game of Thrones wasn't a patch on earlier seasons. Very rushed.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Isn’t the next series of TWD going to be the last? I must admit, if it wasn’t coming to an end soonish, I probably wouldn’t have bothered with this series, but I’ve spent too long watching it now, not to see it through to the end.

Not as far as I’m aware. Think you’re getting mixed up with Game of Thrones. There are a whole load of different directions it can go in after the all out war arc ends (which is this coming episode)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here