Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Syria/Russia/UN/Trump/Chemical Attack (think that’s it all covered)....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hospitals have been bombed too.

Indeed. And allegedly snipers used against women and children.

I wouldn't normally support Trump but if he wishes to unleash hell on Syrian military targets then he'll have my full support.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
May needs pariamentary approval to join US reprisal strikes on Syria for killing men, women and children although she may follow the precedent of the last few years of just killing men, women and children in Syria without parliamentary approval.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Well if it was Syria and Russia we need not worry as our minister of defence will sort them out with a good bollocking along the lines of "Russia and Syria should go away and shut up" :ffsparr:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tony Blair wants PM to intervene.....

In Syria, even suggesting she doesn’t need the approval of Parliament! Is there no lengths this man will go to to put British troops on the ground again in the Middle East?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed. And allegedly snipers used against women and children.

I wouldn't normally support Trump but if he wishes to unleash hell on Syrian military targets then he'll have my full support.

As long as it was just military targets but the Americans are not known for their accuracy.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Perhaps he might actually believe that we can/should make a difference? Not saying he is correct, but he does seem to have some conviction (awaits inevitable dull responses) when it comes to that area of the world..

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In Syria, even suggesting she doesn’t need the approval of Parliament! Is there no lengths this man will go to to put British troops on the ground again in the Middle East?

Insanity, if true.

Only Syrian government forces can 'win'. Anything else, as has been for seven years, will result in prolonged suffering beyond that which such a victory would afford.

I'm astonished that the 'west' backs the rebels piecemeal. They are not moderates. They are terrorist groups backed by nations such as Saudi.

What this tells us is these battles have nothing to do with morality and everything to do with useful territory.

This campaign of miss-information must stop. And so should the appeasing of a nearby nation's foreign policy- who's name I won't mention for fear of being accused of rampant racism.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No UN verification
No evidence

On the very day of this 'attack' Assad's forces defeated the 'rebel' forces at Douma - So why would he be stupid enough to use Chems if it meant gaining the wrath of the entire world? It just doesn't add up.

Seems to me it's yet another stage show by the White Helmets theatre company to discredit both Syria and Russia (yet again).

Boy is Washington pissed that Putin foiled their Syrian invasion plans.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Don't get what the fuss is all about as the west has dropped thousands of bombs and killed many yet a chemical attack seems to be far worse apparently lol
Another excuse to get involved in another pointless war? Yes

When will we ever learn that you can't win or get anywhere pissing around in the Middle East.....Just all pull out and leave them to it.I mean how many countries and firepower does it take to deal with a small country like Syria ?

It's all a load of shite with no end product possible !!

Not sure about the "lol" there mate.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When Russia is involved it is always miraculously the victims own chemical weapons that have been used - which they never use against their enemies, always just on their own people.

Not a great strategy really.

Russia - always Dismiss, Distort, Distract, Dismay.

So predictable.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Insanity, if true.

Only Syrian government forces can 'win'. Anything else, as has been for seven years, will result in prolonged suffering beyond that which such a victory would afford.

I'm astonished that the 'west' backs the rebels piecemeal. They are not moderates. They are terrorist groups backed by nations such as Saudi.

What this tells us is these battles have nothing to do with morality and everything to do with useful territory.

This campaign of miss-information must stop. And so should the appeasing of a nearby nation's foreign policy- who's name I won't mention for fear of being accused of rampant racism.

Give it a rest ! Accusations of racism were/are made against people peddling conspiracy theories about the Jews not against people who disagree with Israeli foreign policy. I agree with the rest of your post. US/UK foreign policy since and including Blair has been to consistently back groups that spread terror and chaos. It seems that our relations with both Saudi and Israel are more important to successive UK Governments than are the lives of those living in the Middle East. Assad has been backed into a corner for some time now while the reality that his enemies are also ours is ignored. He has little choice but to fight to the death but like you I am unwilling to take at face value the current narrative about the chemical attack.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh Christ here we go again.

The whole world knows that Assad and Putin care not what anyone thinks. Any US response will be telegraphed in advance to warn the Russians and Syrians to move their planes before they fire a cruise missile or two at them as a "reprisal" it's a sodding pantomimime.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011

The whole world knows that Assad and Putin care not what anyone thinks. Any US response will be telegraphed in advance to warn the Russians and Syrians to move their planes before they fire a cruise missile or two at them as a "reprisal" it's a sodding pantomimime.

It is. But the consequences of it not being a pantomime are unimaginable. Given the various agendas and character traits of the key players, I would suggest we are at the most dangerous point for a long time. It is the sheer number of countries where you can point to some sort of societal breakdown or trauma that also makes the mind boggle currently and is not conducive to great statesmanship.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Oh no it isn't...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No UN verification
No evidence

On the very day of this 'attack' Assad's forces defeated the 'rebel' forces at Douma - So why would he be stupid enough to use Chems if it meant gaining the wrath of the entire world? It just doesn't add up.

Seems to me it's yet another stage show by the White Helmets theatre company to discredit both Syria and Russia (yet again).

Boy is Washington pissed that Putin foiled their Syrian invasion plans.

I've challenged you on this statement before but you decided to ignore the challenge. The White Helmets are nothing more than first responders .... helping people after the bombings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here