Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are there any players that might we lose that we want to keep?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Lewis Dunk must be our most likely player in demand from other clubs.
Do we have any other players that a 'bigger' club might want?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Gross and Stephens will probably have some interest.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would hope we keep all of them.

Dunk, Izquierdo and Propper are probably the players we’re most at risk of losing to bigger clubs playing in Europe but I would hope they’ll stay at least another season if we stay up.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Sadly and I hope to be proved wrong, I do see Dunk likely going

He's at that age I think where the next step up needs to put him on the England radar (which he isnt but should be with us) and to have chance to win things. Late - mid late 20's is when we'll get the most money for him at his prime and I can see it being a crossing point for him. If I were him and I am sure he is, I would be considering things. We're not likely to be winning anything for a while, and I would wish him all the best of course

I dont see anyone else really that I am too concerned about at this level

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I would like to think that Gross would do at least another season or 2 with us. Heck if he does or doesn't then he would likely be the most lucrative business we or pretty muc anyone else would have done, what do you reckon his price now? 30m?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is Gross quick enough to step up another level? Does he need to be? Would we sell him considering his assists have likely kept us up? Will he want to leave?

Dunk's price tag will be interesting. Need two or three clubs to be after him. Arsenal should be, if they aren't already.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's all about the money. Both the money for the sale and the money a player could obtain elsewhere.

If someone is on £30k and his agent says that another club would pay him £45k (for example) then you can understand why he would want to be off, however much he may like the team, manager, training ground, house overlooking the sea (delete as appropriate).

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is Gross quick enough to step up another level? Does he need to be? Would we sell him considering his assists have likely kept us up? Will he want to leave?

Dunk's price tag will be interesting. Need two or three clubs to be after him. Arsenal should be, if they aren't already.

Are you serious? Have you seen Pascals stats?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we stay up, the only player I could see leaving is Dunk (and it'd take something north of £40m from a big club I reckon).

If we go down, all bets are off.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
If we stay up, the only player I could see leaving is Dunk (and it'd take something north of £40m from a big club I reckon).

If we go down, all bets are off.

Bang on the money.

Even then I don't foresee as much of a mad scramble for Dunk's signature as some.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
AGREED

Also at a large club where he is not on the defensive so much his stats would be phenomenal.

Are you serious? Have you seen Pascals stats?

Albion tinted glasses I'm afraid.

He is very, very slow. He is so poor at heading, most of the time he performs a half-hearted jump just for the sake of it, or doesn't even bother at all. He is still quite lightweight and gets brushed aside often. There are also quite a few games where he has been completely anonymous which can't have gone unnoticed.

He does obviously have some exceptional traits, such as set piece delivery, ground covered and distribution but the caveats above will stop interest from "top 6 clubs". He could obviously get offered 100k a week at some shitfest like West Ham though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't think he'd leave, but I could possibly see some interest in Maty Ryan* in the summer – especially if he has a good world cup.

*Even though he is too short :dunce:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we go down, we could lose quite a few - and probably will. If we stay up, I don't think we'll have quite the rush of bids that some are expecting.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dunk to a just outside the top six team like Everton/Leicester seems the biggest risk to me. Gross is too slow to attract a bigger club however good he is on the ball. I don't see anyone else attracting clubs that are bigger than us and therefore why would we sell/why would they leave if it is a sideways move?

The only exception may be Knockaert if club/player decide its time to split.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here