Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] signings likely , or needed, in summer ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can his sturdy wife play left-back?
I'd be more than happy for her to slam me into the advertising hoardings.
Instagram would suggest she isn't a typical WaG, I'm not sure how that plays on the HKFC scale of wagginess.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just realised I'm falling foul of when a long running 'in-joke' becomes so normal to you, you stop seeing as anything other than a 'normal' expression.

Unsurprisingly in this case that'll be using the word 'sturdy' to describe the fairer sex.
Thanks to it's original use by a pensioner talking about a colleague, as compliments go there's very few higher than 'sturdy'.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Like NAN says, the shot's on target. With no intervention from the keeper, it goes in. The keeper failed to prevent the goal rather than causing it.

Take a look at our almost identical goal in this same fixture last season. Knockaert shot from an identical position, in an identical manner - soft / low / near post. The Hudds keeper (Ward) made a similar hash of it, letting it squirm through him, then grabbed at the ball in a panic and pushed it over the line. Everyone laughed at him, but there was never any suggestion of it being considered an OG :shrug:

The post is the key difference though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
West Ham and Newcastle are being linked with Nice's Alassane Pléa for £25m.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyway, back to the original question. I think we need to start again in both fullback positions. If we're not going to play wing backs, then Schelotto's defending isn't good enough, and although some blend of Bong and Suttner would make a decent left back, individually they both fall short.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyway, back to the original question. I think we need to start again in both fullback positions. If we're not going to play wing backs, then Schelotto's defending isn't good enough, and although some blend of Bong and Suttner would make a decent left back, individually they both fall short.

Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

True.

But I wonder if extending Bruno's stay has hamstrung the club with 2 RB's unable to defend at PL level. (Bruno, simply due to his age). Shirley CH/Winstanley won't want 3 highky paid RB's in the squad?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True.

But I wonder if extending Bruno's stay has hamstrung the club with 2 RB's unable to defend at PL level. (Bruno, simply due to his age). Shirley CH/Winstanley won't want 3 highky paid RB's in the squad?

Baldock #2.

Take the easy opinion, save money, to hell with the consequences of not strengthening the squad.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
......Just for balance!...........I wonder what our championship squad would be like......(Don't slay me IMO we will stay up ...just ,but i am sure the recruitment team have covered that possiblilty )

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
True.

I think that it is more an indication that CH is happy with Schelotto and also having Bruno as his cover which will enable us to divert the cash to a more urgent need like CM cover or competition for Propper and Stephens.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
2nd PL season would give us the option of signing players that were most likely out of our reach last time around.
Can see 9/10 players on the way out.
I’d start with another CM.
On from there a LB and a RB.
1st choice winger for RM
A different option to Grob at 10
CF to give competition. Locadia I assume will be 1st choice and Murray 3rd choice so another one to push them both or even start in front of both.
That is 6 and I’m sure there will be others or potentially players stepping up

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think that it is more an indication that CH is happy with Schelotto and also having Bruno as his cover which will enable us to divert the cash to a more urgent need like CM cover or competition for Propper and Stephens.

I take it as that too. But going by NSC posters who go both home and away, so see every minute, Schelotto's been exposed as a poor defender.

The club will have well over another £100m to deal with several positions, SHOULD we stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here