Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] signings likely , or needed, in summer ?

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
He looks a really good player, therefore very unlikely to happen :( was the best player on the pitch the other night against arsenal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Zlatko Junuzovic is leaving Bremen on a free, and we probably need another attacking midfielder.

30 maybe a shade old for us though ? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we need 2 more CM.We have been very lucky to have 2 from 3 available all season.It could easily have been worse.
If we do sign a RB then maybe Schelotto could be wide midfielder cover.
Baldock hasn't really had a chance to show if he can step up. So we should either let him go or give him that chance. Big Call!

Not really. He's our's on contract until 2020, so we can just do nothing if we want.

We could sell him, but I rather hope we don't. I'd still like to see whether he can make the step up - several others have, after all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A bit left field, but Andone and Babacar could do a job.

Don't know if anyone else on NSC has heard of them?
Judging by there's and Batiapedi ( :shrug: ) 2018 forum you're going to have to be more specific about which job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd imagine he's out of the Albion's price structure but West Ham are being 'linked' with Real's attacking midfielder Isco.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This would be incredible.

Probably just click bait but it's nice to dream, and might explain why Chris has been testing the 433 formation recently. Aleksandr Golovin and Jose on our left side would be enough to scare any right back in the world.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Locadia has shown more than enough to me over his brief run outs to suggest he will be more than decent addition to our squad. And at pretty good money

Played in his correct position and with a run of matches he could be quite a handful.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
If Glenn's going to go, can we sign his brother?

Screenshot 2018-04-24 08.14.08.png

Screenshot 2018-04-24 08.13.06.png

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder if Chris might go back to trying a back 5, with Schelotto and Bong (a n other) as the wing backs... Dunk, Duffy & Goldson would offer at least 2/3 mobility and decent passing from the central positions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tbh, I've yet to see any evidence that Locadia was worth signing at all, let alone for a club record fee. He's supposed to be fast, but against Leicester he was played in down the right a couple of times and the defenders caught him up every time. His ball control is nothing special. He admits himself that he can't head the ball very well. He doesn't do enough defensively. He's suggested that he doesn't like playing as a lone striker but prefers to come in from the left or play as a number ten - both roles that are already filled. So what is he here for, apart from the kick up the arse he undoubtedly gave Glenn Murray, the effects of which seem to be wearing off?

I'm desperately hoping to be proved wrong, but I don't see how he's going to help the cause very much over the last five games. .

Sadly, I agree completely. If there's a quality player in there, we've not yet seen much evidence of it. I think people's assessments of his showings to date have been extremely generous (a rarity on here) simply because everyone so badly WANTS him to be a hit.

Sorry I must disagree as I think that he is faster than all of our strikers available. His ball control is good and his positional sense is also very good. He is two footed so strikes the ball well with either foot. I predict big things from him next season.

I've seen no evidence that he is close to being as fast over the ground as Sam Baldock (who incidentally also 'strikes the ball well with either foot'). Baldock also works five times harder, for the cause.

Locadia looked promising at Old Trafford in the cup game - a few good efforts at goal. In general, he needs to massively up his game, to look anything close to value, at £15m.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sadly, I agree completely. If there's a quality player in there, we've not yet seen much evidence of it. I think people's assessments of his showings to date have been extremely generous (a rarity on here) simply because everyone so badly WANTS him to be a hit.

I've seen no evidence that he is close to being as fast over the ground as Sam Baldock (who incidentally also 'strikes the ball well with either foot'). Baldock also works five times harder, for the cause.

Locadia looked promising at Old Trafford in the cup game - a few good efforts at goal. In general, he needs to massively up his game, to look anything close to value, at £15m.

I reckon he needs a run up top on his own, rather than wide of Murray

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tbh, I've yet to see any evidence that Locadia was worth signing at all, let alone for a club record fee. He's supposed to be fast, but against Leicester he was played in down the right a couple of times and the defenders caught him up every time. His ball control is nothing special. He admits himself that he can't head the ball very well. He doesn't do enough defensively. He's suggested that he doesn't like playing as a lone striker but prefers to come in from the left or play as a number ten - both roles that are already filled. So what is he here for, apart from the kick up the arse he undoubtedly gave Glenn Murray, the effects of which seem to be wearing off?

I'm desperately hoping to be proved wrong, but I don't see how he's going to help the cause very much over the last five games. .

Sorry I must disagree as I think that he is faster than all of our strikers available. His ball control is good and his positional sense is also very good. He is two footed so strikes the ball well with either foot. I predict big things from him next season.

I reckon he needs a run up top on his own, rather than wide of Murray

I agree that it is not fair to judge him until he has had a go at that.

However it is worth noting that, that is NOT where he mostly played for PSV, and is NOT what he himself considers to be his best position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here