Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] signings likely , or needed, in summer ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With Bale's possible return to these shores, let's go for both and take to club to another level. Insolvency.

I must admit I wasn't really paying too much attention.

I've got into the habit of scrolling through 'latest transfer rumours' naturally discarding any involving top 6 teams.
But when a player is linked to another bottom feeder club and isn't a 'keeper, centre back or holding midfielder, I'll occasionally flag him up on NSC, but without the bells and whistles of their own thread.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have given some further thought to what we need to sign in the summer, and the glaringly obvious space in our squad is for a super keen South Korean or Japanese.

It doesn't matter at all what position he plays (preferably not CB or defensive midfield - that wouldn't be too cool) so long as he is hugely enthusiastic, has the standard Jap haircut, and smiles all the time. Shinzi Okazaki would be ideal, but anyone else who fits this template will be acceptable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
West Ham will prioritise signing defenders this summer, with Swansea's Alfie Mawson, 24, and Brighton's Lewis Dunk, 26, their top targets. (Star)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
West Ham will prioritise signing defenders this summer, with Swansea's Alfie Mawson, 24, and Brighton's Lewis Dunk, 26, their top targets. (Star)

West Ham. :laugh:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

West Ham. :laugh:

League position would suggest that would be a non starter, but I assume West Ham can pay much higher wages than we can / are willing to pay at the moment.

That's assuming we stay up - if we go down, then all options are available.

However, if, IF Lewis Dunk is destined to leave, I'd rather there was a feeding frenzy to inflate the sale price; not that I WANT him to leave.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
League position would suggest that would be a non starter, but I assume West Ham can pay much higher wages than we can / are willing to pay at the moment.

That's assuming we stay up - if we go down, then all options are available.

However, if, IF Lewis Dunk is destined to leave, I'd rather there was a feeding frenzy to inflate the sale price; not that I WANT him to leave.

Very good points :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

If both Brighton and West Ham stay up, for all WHU's glorious history many decades ago, this would seem almost a sideways move for Lewis.

Hopefully Brighton will pay him enough to see off such unexciting moves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here