CM Kayal

RM March
LM Isqueerthough

AM Gross

ST Murray

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This is the one game I would NOT drop Murray from!!!

I do think Gross looks knackered though. If Locadia can play the no 10 role then that would be my one change on top of the forced Kayal for Propper.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan

Schelotto
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Izquierdo

Groß

Ulloa

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My team very controversial I know would be:

Ryan
Schelotto.....Goldson....Duffy.....Dunk......Bong
March.....Stephens......Izquierdo
Gross
Murray​

Then tell Gross to fill in as CM or 2nd striker as required

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My team very controversial I know would be:

Ryan
Schelotto.....Goldson....Duffy.....Dunk......Bong
March.....Stephens......Izquierdo
Gross
Murray​

Then tell Gross to fill in as CM or 2nd striker as required

The shape you are proposing isn't that radical, but we'd be extremely unlikely to play it without Kayal in the midfield three, IMO.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think Palace will play with Benteke, they'll play with Zaha and Townsend roaming free. I think we would be better off playing all three of our quality centre backs and Schelotto as a wing back, which seems to be his strongest role based on his performance against Chelsea and Suttner at left wing back which will allow him the space to get forward and get crosses into the box - which are dangerous. I would start Ulloa now Murray's hot streak is over and Locadia to partner him with Gross in behind.

I think that team has the potential to be dangerous with plenty of defensive strength with the three centrebacks protected by Stephens and Kayal in full warrior mode.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'd not drop Glenn for this fixture. I think he would cause Sakho more problems than Leo with the timing of his runs and his instinct in the box. PG to GM could be the key (as so many times this season.) If not Glenn I'd favour Locadia anyway, nothing at all against Leo.

Possibly bring AK back for SM for extra pace to counter Van Aanholt and also to discourage his forward runs but I don't think I'd want to change anything else, BK for DP apart.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ryan

Schellotto
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Izquierdo

Gross

Locadia

Extra pace from Locadia up top, Knockaert for his work-rate both offensive and defensive. No need to drop Duffy.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
My team

Ryan
Schelotto Goldson Dunk Bong
Knockaert Stephens Gross Izquierdo
Ulloa Locadia

Hughtons team
Ryan
Schelotto Duffy Dunk Bong
Knockaert Kayal Stephens Izquierdo
Gross
Murray

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't think Palace will play with Benteke, they'll play with Zaha and Townsend roaming free. I think we would be better off playing all three of our quality centre backs and Schelotto as a wing back, which seems to be his strongest role based on his performance against Chelsea and Suttner at left wing back which will allow him the space to get forward and get crosses into the box - which are dangerous. I would start Ulloa now Murray's hot streak is over and Locadia to partner him with Gross in behind.

I think that team has the potential to be dangerous with plenty of defensive strength with the three centrebacks protected by Stephens and Kayal in full warrior mode.
Basically the team that got annihilated against Chelsea and played 90 minutes like strangers?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I don't think you can play Gross in centre mid with Stephens, while Gross has a huge work rate he is poor defensively and rarely wins a tackle and never wins a defensive header. Has to be Kayal and Stephens in the middle.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don't think you can play Gross in centre mid with Stephens, while Gross has a huge work rate he is poor defensively and rarely wins a tackle and never wins a defensive header. Has to be Kayal and Stephens in the middle.

Gross has lead boots on when it comes to challenging a header.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here