[Albion] Scarey stat ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Very similar to Burnley who I think did not win a game away last season or something like that but this season have retained the home form and are picking points up away

Agree it has been tough away this season but hopefully we stay up and strengthen and become more of a threat on the road

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More than 8 goals.

You'll have to wait apparently we've only scored 7.

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=79&ha=A

I still don't get it and still wonder 'what were you expecting?'.

I'm going to assuming you are happy with everything else:-

13th.
7 points clear of relegation with 6 to play.
25 points gained at home.
Positive goal difference over every team below.

I'll be amazed if there aren't oodles of quotes from CH & the squad saying words to the effect of:-
'Home form is key'.

and finally:-

THIS SQUAD PLAYED HALF THE SEASON WITH ONLY MURRAY OR HEMED AS STRIKERS.

One more time what the fudge were you expecting?

Amassing 10 points ought to be party time, not sniveling like a fat kid told no more cake.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
You'll have to wait apparently we've only scored 7.

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=79&ha=A

I still don't get it and still wonder 'what were you expecting?'.

I'm going to assuming you are happy with everything else:-

13th.
7 points clear of relegation with 6 to play.
25 points gained at home.
Positive goal difference over every team below.

I'll be amazed if there aren't oodles of quotes from CH & the squad saying words to the effect of:-
'Home form is key'.

and finally:-

THIS SQUAD PLAYED HALF THE SEASON WITH ONLY MURRAY OR HEMED AS STRIKERS.

One more time what the fudge were you expecting?

Amassing 10 points ought to be party time, not sniveling like a fat kid told no more cake.

It is the different emphases on word 'expecting'. You are using in the more pejorative sense that to 'expect' then not deliver is to disapprove; there is the more objective sense of what did you anticipate? I anticipated more than 7 (or 8!) goals. That is all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is the different emphases on word 'expecting'. You are using in the more pejorative sense that to 'expect' then not deliver is to disapprove; there is the more objective sense of what did you anticipate? I anticipated more than 7 (or 8!) goals. That is all.

I didn't.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Very similar to Burnley who I think did not win a game away last season or something like that but this season have retained the home form and are picking points up away

Agree it has been tough away this season but hopefully we stay up and strengthen and become more of a threat on the road

Actually they won one away from home on the 29th April away to some or other London team, the omens are good

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Would be much better if we attacked away from home and probably win five games which is fifteen points, rather than two wins and six draws (12) which if we had been more adventurous (Stoke and Southampton) would have been wins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would be much better if we attacked away from home and probably win five games which is fifteen points, rather than two wins and six draws (12) which if we had been more adventurous (Stoke and Southampton) would have been wins.

Why isn't what has happened good enough for you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just to put it in perspective though, Burnley who everyone is raving about, and suggesting Dyche is up there with Pep as potential "Manager of the Year" have manged 12 goals at HOME all season.

Yes, we've built our success of being tight at the back, and not shipping many goals, but that can take you a long way. 0-0 at burnley anyone?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Nobody is forcing you to waste your money. If you feel that strongly about Chris Hughton's tactics away from home, find something better to do on those Saturdays.

How do you know what I do on away days, I gave up long ago, went to see the Southampton game away this year and watched us score and then slip back into the old defensive formation. Its not only us that know this is a trait of our manager its every other manager in the league, its very predictable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here