[Football] Arsenal v Southampton

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Chelsea, Bournemouth, Man City at home
Leicester, Everton, Swansea away

Need 2 wins and 1 draw if we don't get any more points

Still a big ask but not impossible on that showing

Had we won yesterday we would almost certainly be out of reach.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
when they get relegated would we be interested in Charlie Austin to replace Baldock? A swap plus cash as Baldock is proven in The Championship so they might be interested.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stephens has been one of their better players so glad to see him missing for the next three games.

They were probably thinking the same when Pröpper got his red yesterday.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And we will be taking their best players off their hands for next season perhaps?

when they get relegated would we be interested in Charlie Austin to replace Baldock? A swap plus cash as Baldock is proven in The Championship so they might be interested.

Too many chickens being counted here.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Southampton - just not good enough to stay up despite a decent showing.

No league goals scored during March and a leaky defence.

With games against Chelsea and City still to come for them as well as the distraction of a Cup Semi-Final, there's little for us to worry about there.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As I said on the Albion v Huddersfield thread, Stoke v Spurs, and Arsenal v Southampton were our most important games this weekend. I’m starting to agree with the bookies now, we’ve really got to collapse now to be relegated.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Just what was ordered for us , poor old Saints.

This fight for survival business is turning us all into unabashed, amoral monsters. Any other day I’d feel real sympathy for Southampton after making Arsenal look crap (which, of course, they arguably are) and still getting nothing from it. But right now I’m mightily relieved. Shame on me. Now, c’mon Chelsea!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As I said on the Albion v Huddersfield thread, Stoke v Spurs, and Arsenal v Southampton were our most important games this weekend. I’m starting to agree with the bookies now, we’ve really got to collapse now to be relegated.

There’s a fair chance we’ll lose all our remaining games, as borne out by bookies odds where we’re big underdogs in each (e.g. CP are odds on to win, and us 3/1). Albion don’t travel and always lose against top 5 teams.

So the “collapse” is in progress.

But hopefully and probably, 2 other clubs will join WBA, in simply not quite catching up with us.

A home win against lowly Hudd would’ve secured our safety IMO.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

We've really got to collapse now?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Southampton - just not good enough to stay up despite a decent showing.

No league goals scored during March and a leaky defence.

With games against Chelsea and City still to come for them as well as the distraction of a Cup Semi-Final, there's little for us to worry about there.

Hmmm I'd love to think you were right. Chelsea and Manchester City may well be streets ahead of them ability wise, but how much will they have left to play for by the time they meet them? City will already have won the title, and doubtful Chelsea will make the top 4.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hmmm I'd love to think you were right. Chelsea and Manchester City may well be streets ahead of them ability wise, but how much will they have left to play for by the time they meet them? City will already have won the title, and doubtful Chelsea will make the top 4.

You can say the same for the two Manc clubs and Liverpool when they play us. And Spurs will have an FA Cup SF against United on their minds.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chelsea will be thinking about the FA Cup semi final so may rest players next week. having said that you would expect Chelsea;s back up players to be as good if not better than Southampton 1st choice.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Out of all of the teams in this relegation battle, the one that worries me the most is us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here