View Poll Results: Duffy or Goldson next game?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Duffy

152 70.70%
  • Goldson

63 29.30%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TottonSeagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pointless thread as Hughton has no history of dropping a regular starting player after a bad performance. It will be Duffy and Dunk against Palace and so it should be!
    I know he does but that's exactly why I put the bit about strength in depth in the OP. Murray has been much better since we bought Locadia and loaned Ulloa. Just the threat of competition has made him a different player. If that's not working any more are our players getting too comfortable? Certainly looked it with one or two yesterday.
    Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

7 Not allowed!
      I prefer Goldson. Any player can make a mistake like Duffy did yesterday and he had an absolute 'mare of a game, I'm not judging him solely on that, but his recent form has not been good. I think that Connor oozes class, is much more comfortable on the ball, deceptively good in the air, quicker and an all round more intelligent footballer. It can take a few games to get up to speed though so it's a difficult decision. Hughton obviously prefers Duffy at the moment though, so I have to respect that.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It is not sensible to change the centre back pairing for Palace away.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Goldson.

Agree with #8

Duffy will get the nod though, for his obvious heading strength (hopefully) against master scorer Benteke.
      Can’t see Benteke starting next week ( even if fit)
      You’ll be up against pace .
      Scoring goals for Palace
      John Terry John Terry

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Se20 View Post
      Can’t see Benteke starting next week ( even if fit)
      You’ll be up against pace .
      Goldson all day then.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Have not been impressed with Duffy for a couple of games , yesterday was an awful performance , even let the ball bounce over his head

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
      I prefer Goldson. Any player can make a mistake like Duffy did yesterday and he had an absolute 'mare of a game, I'm not judging him solely on that, but his recent form has not been good. I think that Connor oozes class, is much more comfortable on the ball, deceptively good in the air, quicker and an all round more intelligent footballer. It can take a few games to get up to speed though so it's a difficult decision. Hughton obviously prefers Duffy at the moment though, so I have to respect that.

Duffy is fine with the aerial ball coming towards him and he can thump big, heavy headers high back up field. When he is attacking corners and free kicks offensively, nothing changes. Big, heavy headers thumped over the bar. No subtlety, no real touch. He is less mobile than the other three CB'S and is easily turned. Like Huddersfield, Palace will try and pull him out of position and expose his lack of pace and agility. Yesterday, he had already made two glaring errors in the first half hour before inevitably a third followed and a gift goal ensued.
      Some posters are claiming one bad game. Firstly, it wasn't a bad game. It was an appalling game, devoid of confidence and riddled with mistakes. The worst performance by an Albion defender this season. Secondly, he has been struggling for a while but CH has persevered with him, to our cost. Analyse some of the goals we have conceded from set pieces and check where Duffy is in relation to the opposition danger men and his inability to react quickly enough.
      Bruno was struggling and making mistakes earlier in the season and was fairly quickly dropped. Why should Duffy be bullet proof? Just because he can thump big, impressive headers upfield ( many of which come straight back at us ) it shouldn't cover up other weaknesses in his game.

0 Not allowed!
      I can see CH making a change to formation and playing three centre halves. Propper and Stephens cover the back two so well and with Propper being out for three games we need to ease the pressure on Stephens.
      I know we lost to Chelsea playing three at the back but 4-1 flattered Chelsea and we created several opportunities.

0 Not allowed!
      Hope we don't play wing backs. Duffy frequently plays back passes without looking first. Pretty thick. Worry about him against Palace pace up front but he'd be good at corners which Palace are strong at.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
      I can see CH making a change........................ .....................
      Just stop right there!