Votes: 152 70.7%
  • Goldson

Votes: 63 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One mistake and Duffy’s out? Ridiculous. As for changing formation, it’s Crystal Palace, not Manchester City. That’s not to say they can’t beat us - but why would make radical alterations against a team that’s on a par with us? Better to concentrate on doing what we’re good at, and doing it properly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Need our best players for our biggest game. Duffy is a better bet than Goldson.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That UTTER HORROR of a ball aside he's done a ****ing job this season. .....keep, I can't believe that this is a question.

Whilst I don't agree with those suggesting he should be dropped, and I think largely he has had a good season, I don't think focusing on this one backpass which ended up being punished is the correct way to look at it. He has a mistake in him in alot of games, usually quite a blunderous one. Similar catastrophic backpasses at home to Man City and away to Bournemouth spring to mind from memory alone, both could easily have been punished in the same fashion.

He needs to improve his concentration levels and ditch the overconfidence he has in possession (and realise he is not Lewis Dunk), his strengths lie elsewhere which is why he needs to take a ****ing chance from a set piece.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Whilst I don't agree with those suggesting he should be dropped, and I think largely he has had a good season, I don't think focusing on this one backpass which ended up being punished is the correct way to look at it. He has a mistake in him in alot of games, usually quite a blunderous one. Similar catastrophic backpasses at home to Man City and away to Bournemouth spring to mind from memory alone, both could easily have been punished in the same fashion.

He needs to improve his concentration levels and ditch the overconfidence he has in possession (and realise he is not Lewis Dunk), his strengths lie elsewhere which is why he needs to take a ****ing chance from a set piece.

But he won't....his technique is all wrong. He doesn't get over the ball. Just powers it and hopes it goes in. He has got more chance of killing someone behind the goal than hitting the back of the net. ( ...and Dunk needs to improve as well )

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That UTTER HORROR of a ball aside he's done a ****ing job this season. .....keep, I can't believe that this is a question.

This. Pathetic thread

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Which isn’t happening. He’s had one poor game. Consistently poor performance gets you out of the team - see March for proof of that.

March got dropped at the start of the season despite being our best attacker in many peoples' opinions. He was dropped because CH wanted his favourites back in.

Duffy has a couple of excellent attributes, mainly his heading of the ball. But there are clear weaknesses in his game which teams have exploited - we've been lucky his errors haven't led to more dropped points to be honest, because at this level, he is being isolated because teams know that they can get change out of him. But to say it's his only poor game is ludicrous - it's just the first time he's made such an obvious and ridiculous error. He's been error strewn in a number of games this year.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This sort of thing always strikes me as 'recency bias' or whatever it's called. Duffy makes a serious mistake and people are suggesting he's swapped out. However we have no way of knowing how well Connor would have fared in place of Shane. Connor is benefiting here from barely having played and thus not made any glaring errors - I'm not sure what people are using to base this decision on. On the whole, Duffy has been an excellent choice for us this season. This talk of being up against pace is valid, but then the opposition still has to get past Duffy, or thread a pass through. You can't just say 'they've got pace, so let's use our fastest choice' it's nonsense.

It's the same argument about people complaining about Hughton making like-for-like substitutions... the alternative they have in their mind would have changed the game for the better. Despite statistically (aka, historically) this being incredibly unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here