Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Deserves its own thread :drool:

PropperTurn.gif

Schelotto's run, wait and run and point is cool too. So much more energy from our team than there's been for years. Great to see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's not far off being mine either. He moves the ball quickly, has good vision, and is quick over short distances. I wish he'd manage to bring his PSV/Holland finishing to the Albion too, but it might come.

He looks so comfortable as well. As an aside, I read an interview with him a few months into the season and he was talking quite intelligently and eloquently about how he plays a different role for Brighton and how he was still learning about the role and the Pemier League; it’s quite refreshing hearing a player talk in such a way.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
That'll make up for his incredible miss, lack of tackling/heading and general contribution of,,,,,,? If only we could get points for turns ffs. The upside is at least we can have someone else in for the next three games, oh, I forgot we have the woeful Dale Stephens, can't pass the ball, can't challenge and is too slow. Mid field today was dreadful, Stephens should have gone off at half time, clearly not ready to return.

Oh dear, I fear you sit behind me. Do you hate Bong and provide a running commentary on the failings of Stephens throughout each home match?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That'll make up for his incredible miss, lack of tackling/heading and general contribution of,,,,,,? If only we could get points for turns ffs. The upside is at least we can have someone else in for the next three games, oh, I forgot we have the woeful Dale Stephens, can't pass the ball, can't challenge and is too slow. Mid field today was dreadful, Stephens should have gone off at half time, clearly not ready to return.

Oh dear, oh dear.

You remind me of Pootle in the Flumps, who walked around with his own little rain cloud over his head.

1TH56oJ.gif

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We’re clearly going to miss Propper for the next 3 games, but i’m inclined to think less so at Palace because I think we’re going to need the battling and tough tackling qualities of Kayal in that game. So i’m hoping fate will work in our favour on this occasion if Kayal puts in a performance we know he’s capable of us and helps inspire us to get at least a point, if not all 3 on Saturday !

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Gone :fishing:

A sign upon the door

Gone :fishing:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Oh dear, I fear you sit behind me. Do you hate Bong and provide a running commentary on the failings of Stephens throughout each home match?

Have no issue with Bong, what a strange answer. I do feel however that Stephens for whatever reason, not fully fit, overun or just not up to speed was very poor. Seems to be the opinion of many on here so I don't feel any need to justify it, you clearly have an issue with the guy behind you, if you don't like it tell him you don't like it or move seat, i've no issues with anyone, I pay the going rate for my seat and feel free to express my opinion.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Have no issue with Bong, what a strange answer. I do feel however that Stephens for whatever reason, not fully fit, overun or just not up to speed was very poor. Seems to be the opinion of many on here so I don't feel any need to justify it, you clearly have an issue with the guy behind you, if you don't like it tell him you don't like it or move seat, i've no issues with anyone, I pay the going rate for my seat and feel free to express my opinion.

You've expressed it quite a few times now. We play a 442, were you expecting our CM to dominate against a 3? They were both overrun and both played pretty well considering. If anything, it was our wide players and Gross who needed to perform in that game, and had they, we would have come away with 3 points.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hey, sorry if I touched a nerve. It was a jokey response to your differing opinion which, of course, you don't have to justify. I was fairly comfortable that you aren't the guy who sits behind me!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Stephens had a perfectly reasonable game. To call him woeful is to either not understand the word, or a totally embarrassing reading of football.

His closing down - his stock in trade - were as good as any we've witnessed. I don't recall our goal being exactly peppered due to his *cough* woefulness.

EVERYONE was giving the ball away on Saturday, but yeah let's zero in on Stephens because he was obviously the worst culprit... :facepalm:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That was class. He was quality on Saturday other than the miss and harsh red card, he had to cover the clearly unfit Stephens a lot and offered more going forward than Gross. Our best player IMO and the one most likely to be taken by a top club in the summer.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea

Which game were you at??!!?!?!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Just a different view of the (beautiful) game then. I remembered the skill at the time and when I look at the clip it really was superb - this will linger in my memory more than anything else about the game or the result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here