Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Dear God. Insane thread full of people who think they know more than the manager who got us up, looks like keeping us up and works with the players every day. And the exact same people would be having a whinge if he had brought Locadia on and we had ended up losing.

FIFA games, and their similar counterparts, have a lot to answer for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder what these people have been watching for the last 3 and a bit years.

Yes, CH is a conservative manager. He doesn't like to take risks.

He tries to get the team playing within their capabilities and gradually improve the team and capabilities over time.

Look at what he had the team doing in his first season, and then what he's done year on year since.

He seems to be doing fairly well to me :shrug:

(and, after the sending off and substitutions yesterday, who had the best chances ?)

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

He tries to get the team playing within their capabilities and gradually improve the team and capabilities over time.

Look at what he had the team doing in his first season, and then what he's done year on year since.

(and, after the sending off and substitutions yesterday, who had the best chances ?)

Very much so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dear God. Insane thread full of people who think they know more than the manager who got us up, looks like keeping us up and works with the players every day. And the exact same people would be having a whinge if he had brought Locadia on and we had ended up losing.
That's a pretty wild - and rather insulting - assumption.

Sure, a lot of us would have liked to have seen Locadia brought on yesterday, to change things up a bit and add a much needed element of speed. If CH had brought him on, we'd have said yes, great, CH is doing what we wanted, very positive, bravo CH (and clear evidence of that would have been in black and white on the match day thread at the time). If it had then gone wrong, and we ended up losing 2-1, do you seriously think that Brighton fans are such hypocrites that they'd have turned round and said, 'Told you so, we knew all along that CH should have gone defensive'? If so, you must have a very low opinion of your fellow fans.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
...are you entirely sure?

Sure, you don't have to dislike someone to believe they're not capable of doing/being better. I think Chris Hughton is one of the best managers our club has ever had, but if we're ambitious to improve and compete higher in the league, I don't think Hughton is the man to get us there but he is the man who can keep us up and keep us competitive in the bottom third of the Premier League and realistically, that's where we are at the moment.

I certainly don't want to see us join in with the merry-go-round of managers who bounce between Premier League clubs.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Pretty sure Locadia is being tucked away so the club can work on his level of sharpness and excess timber over the summer. He'll be an amazing player for us next season.

Cld be true , so long as he isn't bored by then. But right now I think he'd have even more hunger/attitude to score goals than GM or LU. Can I say that?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Thought he got the subs right yesterday, with Ulloa putting Jose in for the chance of the match, it would have been 'CH genius substitution wins game'.

I think I am right in saying Locadia was about to come on when Propper got sent off, presumably for March. Instead Kayal came on to maintain our shape which still left us solid and still looking to win the game. You don't make your 3rd sub when you are already down to 10 men.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much as I sometimes feel like screaming at CH to go more positive, it’s his tactics that have got us where we are...and it’s not a bad place

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Much as I sometimes feel like screaming at CH to go more positive, it’s his tactics that have got us where we are...and it’s not a bad place

His tactics were fine yesterday, we had players misfiring / out of form which isn't tactics, it is performances. We still had enough clear cut chances to win the game despite a poor error, and we really should have taken all 3 points even with 10 men at the end.

I am left scratching my head to be honest given really we have had the lion's share of chances and play in 2 home games and inexplicably really come away with just a single point. Could so easily have been 6 points such are the margins in this league.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
How many managers would have put him on for Ulloa after the sending off? Crackers idea? Would have been more of a threat to their back line than Leo was after Pröpper got marching orders and they would have dropped back more.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We didnt have to at all CH chose to as he is unable to change tactics during a game or at half time.this is what stops him being manager of a top team.
Very true as it doesn't matter how shite we're doing he just doesn't make the changes til it's way to late.If he would utilise the squad more and make the changes required he'd defo go to the next level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here