Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Our negative manager made a perfectly to be expected decision not to make an attacking change. March was crap today, he blew his last chance to stake a claim to be in the team or at the club for next season (unless he's earmarked for the Skalak role next season) and Locadia should have come on for him at any stage. However, safety first, so he watched from the bench.

I'm not having a go at Chris Hughton, we are where we are because of him and his tactics, but it's seriously frustrating when we play crap like Huddersfield today and we don't try to change the game to go for the win. I don't think Hughton is the man to take us forward, he either doesn't have the ambition or the belief in his team/players to take a risk.

Agreed. There was very interesting article in Times earlier this week by Matthew Syed - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-is-stopping-the-game-from-evolving-gs75vb30v - critical of football's lack of imagination in tackling new ideas. CH ain't going to break any moulds - meat and two veg, that's the offering, like it or lump it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Couldn’t disagree more strongly, tbh.

Once again he’s gone out and done the exact job asked of him, and done it well. His defensive work was excellent, he rarely gave the ball away, and he scored what should have been our winner. Not sure why so many of our fans hate on the best attacking young player the club has produced in 30 years. Baffling.

I thought he had a reasonable game but faded towards the end. His best games for us have been when he has come on and attacked full pace for last 20 mins or so.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

Once again he’s gone out and done the exact job asked of him, and done it well. His defensive work was excellent, he rarely gave the ball away, and he scored what should have been our winner. Not sure why so many of our fans hate on the best attacking young player the club has produced in 30 years. Baffling.

Because the fans have been spoilt by three years of successful football and they like something to complain about. It is very easy to be wise after the event and with hindsight.

CH is one of the best managers around and were he to leave we would be very fortunate to obtain the services of anybody nearly as successful.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Probably because he goes missing for long periods of the game or fades as it reaches the last quarter.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Both wide men tired quickly today and were both guilty of ball watching in the last 20 minutes
Could have taken either one off but I would have taken Solly off as he just can’t do 90 minutes at this level at the moment

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Gross could've dropped deeper. Didn't need to bring Kayal on.

Gross is our most active player and runs himself into the ground by 70 minutes. Asking him to drop back into a dm role and shield our defence when we are a man down just as his energy levels are at their lowest would have lost us the match. By bringing Kayal on when he did, Chris earned us a point today.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

He hasn't done it well at all, he offered no creativity at all. Obviously he gets credit for his tame shot which led to the goal, we all know it should have been saved but fair play to him for having the confidence to get the shot off and it was on target. I don't hate him, he played a part in getting us into the Premier League so his place in our history is sealed. But I think he's like Jamie Murphy, not good enough for the step up. He shouldn't be starting games next season, if he is - either we got relegated or our recruitment team failed to buy better quality.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because the fans have been spoilt by three years of successful football and they like something to complain about. It is very easy to be wise after the event and with hindsight.

CH is one of the best managers around and were he to leave we would be very fortunate to obtain the services of anybody nearly as successful.

Wind your neck in. Huddersfield have won 2 games away all season palace and Watford and have been seen off by most teams. Which ever sugar coating you look for, that was a terrible result today and now we need something from palace and Burnley, both better teams than us and something from the top 4 teams where we have only picked up 3 points all season

We had better ge relying on stoke albion and saints or Swansea to keep on imploding or it could be a bad end to the season indeed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wind your neck in. Huddersfield have won 2 games away all season palace and Watford and have been seen off by most teams. Which ever sugar coating you look for, that was a terrible result today and now we need something from palace and Burnley, both better teams than us and something from the top 4 teams where we have only picked up 3 points all season

We had better ge relying on stoke albion and saints or Swansea to keep on imploding or it could be a bad end to the season indeed
We haven't taken any points off the top four.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Starting to wonder whether CH rates him. I know that seems strange but he gets so few minutes on the pitch and today the game was crying out for some speed up front. Hope I'm wrong but just dont think CH wants to play him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Starting to wonder whether CH rates him. I know that seems strange but he gets so few minutes on the pitch and today the game was crying out for some speed up front. Hope I'm wrong but just dont think CH wants to play him.
He was pretty much the same with Izzy at first. Took a while before we saw much of him.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Stoke have played 33 matches and won only 6 all season. If we don't win another point, they still need to win 3 matches out of 5 to overtake us.

Southampton have played 31 and won only 5. They are awful and they still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City in their last 7 fixtures. They need to win 3 to overtake us.

What makes you think they are suddenly going to start winning now? If either win another 3 matches I would be amazed.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Pretty sure Locadia is being tucked away so the club can work on his level of sharpness and excess timber over the summer. He'll be an amazing player for us next season.
He'll blow the Championship away.........

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
CH got it wrong (am I allowed to say that?)

Much as I think CH has been a great manager for us and want him to stay for the long term, he really has to learn how to use subs to change a game rather than just replacing like for like to save tired legs.
This is the one aspect of the game where he proves time and again that he is absolutely clueless.
I reiterate though... he is a great manager and I want him to stay. But please would the club send him on a "Using Substitutes Effectively" course over the summer!!

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think Hughton is the man to take us forward, he either doesn't have the ambition or the belief in his team/players to take a risk.

Surely if the reason he doesn't take a risk is a lack of belief in his team/players, he could be the man to take us forward with different players that we will only be able to afford after successfully staying in the premier league for at least a season.

I doubt that. He played like someone who was afraid to attack, afraid to go for it when the opportunity arose, someone who only attacked as a last resort. I sincerely doubt that is what Hughton wanted. Even his shot wasn't hit with belief or venom.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Dear God. Insane thread full of people who think they know more than the manager who got us up, looks like keeping us up and works with the players every day. And the exact same people would be having a whinge if he had brought Locadia on and we had ended up losing.

boik

Dear God. Insane thread full of people who think they know more than the manager who got us up, looks like keeping us up and works with the players every day. And the exact same people would be having a whinge if he had brought Locadia on and we had ended up losing.

Can you imagine the reaction on here if he'd not put Kayal on, someone missed a tackle in midfield and we lost 2-1?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here