Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is knockaert the player we have missed recently?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Selhurst is NOT the place to bring Knockaert back into the team. Her could easily get himself sent off again in that atmosphere.

Is this the same Knocky who got dogs abuse about his fathers death last season, and was kicked up in the air several times, but has only been sent off once, and has never served a ban for bookings?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is this the same Knocky who got dogs abuse about his fathers death last season, and was kicked up in the air several times, but has only been sent off once, and has never served a ban for bookings?

Straight back in the team please! Absolutely get him back in. March just doesn’t scare quality full backs at all. I’d like to see him and Izquierdo back in tandem ASAP.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Totally agree about seeing Knockaert and Izquierdo back in tandem, but with Knocky on the left and Izquierdo on the right. They are both well able to taking on any full back but to be fully effective they need to be in a position to put in crosses with their dominant foot and thus on the opposite wing where they normally play

Jimmy Grimble

I don't know whether he drinks vodka, but AK is a regular visitor at Revolution.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Knocky hasn't had the best of seasons but that is to be expected to some extent ,but opposition players are always very mindful of him and tend to try and stay close to him as they know he can be a game changer, thus leaving others a bit more space.
On his day he is a very good player and I for one would rather he be available to play than not .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When AK and Izzy are on fire and attacking, at home, Gross has a moments more space.
As they say the rest is history.

AK needs to play v palace is CH is willing to take the game to palace.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Knocky is the definition of "difficult first season in the PL" all the energy and aggression you could want but what's needed is awareness and anticipation.

If he learns to play with his brain rather than his heart he'll come good. I think he's got it in him, just needs to calm down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he learns to play with his brain rather than his heart he'll come good.

If Jose did much the same AK would be closing in on a double digit goal tally making this thread, and others slagging off AK, completely obsolete.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He’s certainly the sort of player that a defence like Huddersfield’s wouldn’t have wanted to come up against, even as an impact sub.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think Knocky struggled for a lot of the season with being "Championship player of the year" and as such everyone made sure to man-mark out of the game as far as possible. As Izquierdo has grown into his place in the team on the other side I can see that teams will focus less on Knocky going forward, which might help him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is a difference between 'slagging off' and pointing out that he hasn't performed this season and showed several illustrations of petulance.

Have amended with commas, although there is some slagging off here, too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He’s certainly the sort of player that a defence like Huddersfield’s wouldn’t have wanted to come up against, even as an impact sub.

Huddersfield fans specifically. They are terrified of Knockaert, and see him as a bit of a bogeyman. He's scored a few against them in the past including a couple of worldies for Leicester.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think Knocky struggled for a lot of the season with being "Championship player of the year" and as such everyone made sure to man-mark out of the game as far as possible. As Izquierdo has grown into his place in the team on the other side I can see that teams will focus less on Knocky going forward, which might help him.

I think we struggled at both full backs positions at the start of the season too if truth be told. Bruno did an excellent job, but just didn't have the legs really to support the attacking play as much, and Bong took a while to really get his confidence up. With Schelotto and Bong then playing well, I think we saw Knockeart and Izqueirdo having far more impact. Schelotto is probably our most dangerous player running from a deeper position. With that strength on both flanks we're then a handful and much more of a threat.

March is a good player, but just doesn't have that raw ability of either Izqueirdo or Knocky. I know if I was a full back which of the 3 I'd want to be facing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we struggled at both full backs positions at the start of the season too if truth be told. Bruno did an excellent job, but just didn't have the legs really to support the attacking play as much, and Bong took a while to really get his confidence up. With Schelotto and Bong then playing well, I think we saw Knockeart and Izqueirdo having far more impact. Schelotto is probably our most dangerous player running from a deeper position. With that strength on both flanks we're then a handful and much more of a threat.

March is a good player, but just doesn't have that raw ability of either Izqueirdo or Knocky. I know if I was a full back which of the 3 I'd want to be facing.

Initially read that opening line as:-

I think AK struggled at both full back positions at the start of the season.

To which I thought, 'yeah fair comment'.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
AK plays with his heart on his sleeve & with passion which we could do with more of. OK so he occasionally gets overheated but that's because he wants to win & he wants to be our hero, I love the way he gives his all for us in return for our support of him. We have missed him in the last few games as he gives us an edge that has been missed since his suspension.
He has a point to prove now and letting him loose on Palace is exactly what we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here