Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No ratings thread?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'll start then - mods please merge if I've missed it.

Ryan - 7 - did nothing wrong, love the fact that he catches most things.
Schelotto - 5 - not his best game
Dunk - 6 - solid, but missed a great chance with a free header
Duffy - 2 - he gets 2 for putting his shirt on the right way round. Not sure he did much else right. And will he ever get one of those free headers from corners on target?
Bong - 6 - an 8 defensively and a 4 attacking. But not much gets past him.
Stephens - 5 - looked off the pace
Propper - 5 - missed a great chance to make the game very different. Stupid challenge even if a harsh red. Some nice passes in between.
Gross - 5 - ineffective versus usual
Izquierdo - 4 - one of those days, but he really needs to vary it - they knew he was going inside every time
March - 5 - did ok, somewhat lucky with the goal but I just don't think we look as threatening versus even a half throttle Knocky
Murray - 5 - a 7 for his work in the air and a 3 for his work on the floor

Kayal - 6 - did what he needed to do
Ulloa - 5 - lost nearly everything in the air from being the wrong side of the CB

Chris - 4 - after a bright start we got overrun in midfield where they were sharper and snappier in the tackle than us. Incapable of making a sub at less than 60 mins. And where was Locadia when we were crying out for a different sort of threat up front.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I pretty much agree with that, Murray was shit, a 2, no point winning headers if they're going straight to the opposing keeper

Duffy as well, crap today, his distribution is rubbish, Ryan's goal kicks are so tediously predictable as well, and they get us nowhere.

In short I think we bottled it today, it was the easiest and therefore biggest game we have left we could easily have won and got the job for the season done. We failed. Hughton was almost outsmarted, but we're a little bit better than that fortunately.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would agree with those ratings, Was really struggling to think of a man of the match today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 7
Schelotto 4 awful defensively
Bong - 7
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 3 poor throughout
March 7
Propper 4 bad miss and off the pace
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 6
Gross 5
Murray 5 - Gross too far away from him.

Ulloa 5 - did nothing
Kayal 6

After last week, that was very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Apparently Locadia was about to come on but the red card changed all that. Ratings are probably about right today. Definitely a bottle job.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
using 6 as average or staisfactory

Ryan 6.5 Handled the ball well and distribution was ok
Schelotto 5 SDtruggled with their wide man
Duffy 4 Poor game and missed aheader with the whole goal to aim at from a free header.
Dunk 7 Usual solid performance but inefective from set pieces when attacking.
Bong 6 OK some good moments some bad which averaged out.
March 6 Provided a threat but should have been taken off late on.
Propper 6.5 Until the red card was MOTM and would have had an 8.
Stephens 6 Very influential but too many stray passes
Izquierdo 5 Flatters to deceive
Gross 6,5 In the thick of everything
Murray 5 Won a few headers but did nothing with them,
Subs
Kayal 6 Not in the game and shouldnt have come on but not his fault he was.
Ulloa 6 Did what was expected and slightly better generally than Murray but didnt win much in the air.

CH 5 Poor substitutions again he is scared of his own tail I would think and it could cost us.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan - 7
Schelotto 6 Got Duffy out trouble at times
Bong - 7
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 3
March 4 Doesn't know where to be, positional play of a 5 year old
Propper 4
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 7 Our only truly dangerous player, he made runs that put him in a position to score, he just didn't hohum
Gross 5
Murray 5

Ulloa 4
Kayal 6

Hughton 3 his substitutions never change anything tactically for the best.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Had José put away the pass from Leo people would be marking Ulloa higher. Otherwise pretty shit and I’ll go with the above. Really thoroughly pissed off tonight.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Hard to disagree with much of OP’s post.

Ulloa might score a point or two lower. Offered absolutely sod all - is he a bit overweight? Certainly not the super fit unit he was here originally

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
6 is avaerage

Ryan - 7 did well
Schelotto 7 possibly my MOTM looking better every game he plays. Not given the ball enough. A clumsy looking play at times but gets back well.
Bong - 6 defensively brilliant but cannot cross or even pass the ball 5 yards
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 4 poor throughout and his back pass killed the game for us.
March 7 though he did very well but started to fade
Propper 5 had he scored I think we might have coasted that game, some nice stuff but also too much lightweight stuff. Not seen the sending off replay.
Izquierdo 6 always looks our most dangerous player
Gross 5 not his game today
Murray 6 - thought he did reasonably well given the lack of service. Needs to be in box much more.

Ulloa 4 - did nothing
Kayal 6 - usual get in their Kayal

CH - 5 wrong substitution again needed to put Locadia on for Gross and play him tight to Murray.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
using 6 as average or staisfactory

Ryan 6.5 Handled the ball well and distribution was ok
Schelotto 5 SDtruggled with their wide man
Duffy 4 Poor game and missed aheader with the whole goal to aim at from a free header.
Dunk 7 Usual solid performance but inefective from set pieces when attacking.
Bong 6 OK some good moments some bad which averaged out.
March 6 Provided a threat but should have been taken off late on.
Propper 6.5 Until the red card was MOTM and would have had an 8.
Stephens 6 Very influential but too many stray passes
Izquierdo 5 Flatters to deceive
Gross 6,5 In the thick of everything
Murray 5 Won a few headers but did nothing with them,
Subs
Kayal 6 Not in the game and shouldnt have come on but not his fault he was.
Ulloa 6 Did what was expected and slightly better generally than Murray but didnt win much in the air.

CH 5 Poor substitutions again he is scared of his own tail I would think and it could cost us.

Agree with numbers....but was that the free header that Duffy powered the ball over the bar after the sending off........OR the free header Dunk sort of did not even get it anywhere near the target.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agree with numbers....but was that the free header that Duffy powered the ball over the bar after the sending off........OR the free header Dunk sort of did not even get it anywhere near the target.

Both as neither look like getting a header on target even when they have a free unchallenged header Both should have made the keeper work but nether did.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was disappointed with almost everyone today. The ones that didn't disappoint didn't shine either. There was some terrible passing, but there was also no movement, people expecting every pass to come direct to their feet and not thinking they might have to take a step to the left/right or a step forward etc to beat their marker to the ball. Our set pieces were woeful. Where has March's pace gone? What about his desire to attack and run at a defence? Murray may get his head to a lot of things, but he rarely directs it to a team mate, and too often tries to win free kicks, which the refs aren't falling for. Izquierdo can get a bit lazy at times, and seems to struggle with decision making. One-on-ones aren't easy, but we've had a few in the past couple of games and Murray, Propper, Izquierdo have all conspired to miss them. Huddersfield were leaving giant gaps behind their back line, but with March not willing to attack at pace, and Izquierdo running hot and cold, and Murray as our striker, we didn't have the pace on the field to take advantage.

It felt like we started the game so hot, and like we were really going to go for it, but not scoring in the first 10 minutes seemed to knock the wind out of our sails and we played the rest of the game like we were trying to avoid a defeat by making the game really untidy and sloppy (I thought Huddersfield were equally untidy and sloppy). There were too many occasions where the team were playing like strangers, not reading each others' runs, not making the right pass, standing off and leaving it for each other to gather and so on.

Not sure anyone deserves as much as a 6 with a possible exception of Ryan simply because he had little to do, so little chance to contribute mistakes.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Most of us forget to rate the manager. A 5 from me, CH is great but what frustrates me is the apparent inability to change things mid game, either half, is it him or the players? And as has been said, substitutions are generally like for like, and predictable.

We have been outwitted by average teams more than a few times in recent years.

We have a better squad that Huddersfield, IMO, but their manager and players performed well, they deserved their point in most respects, although I doubt they would have scored if it hadn't been given to them on a plate

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here