Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Selhurst showdown!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The centre back thing isn’t true. Tomkins has been superb this season, will go close for POTY. Definetley would not swap out our new young rightback. Proper was an oversight in fairness. Have been impressed by him, although different types there’s an argument for swapping him out for Cabaye.

Obi-Wan is getting rave reviews because he looks great on the ball. Defensively he's not there - concentration not what it needs to be. Go watch the equalizer that cost you two crucial points in injury time on Saturday, for an example.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Obi-Wan is getting rave reviews because he looks great on the ball. Defensively he's not there - concentration not what it needs to be. Go watch the equalizer that cost you two crucial points in injury time on Saturday, for an example.

Don’t need to rewatch I was there thank you. Are you under the assumption he is the finished article? It was his 4th senior appearance. The 4 appearances however did enough to earn him call up to the U20 England squad.Your rightback was useless earlier in the season, not that I particularly rate him now and certainly wouldn’t be swapping him for your one.

Jan 30, 2008
Don’t need to rewatch I was there thank you. Are you under the assumption he is the finished article? It was his 4th senior appearance. The 4 appearances however did enough to earn him call up to the U20 England squad.Your rightback was useless earlier in the season, not that I particularly rate him now and certainly wouldn’t be swapping him for your one.
typical Palace :yawn:
regards
DR

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Both our centre backs are more consistent than any of yours, so you ought to want them.
Gross, whilst he's terrific, you probably don't need (if we are looking at your first choice XI). He'd be competing for RLC's place, and he's pretty good.
Murray over Benteke, yes. Which is ridiculous really!
Any keeper, is a given! Hennessey is awful.
If we're talking about the here and now (rather than potential, etc) you'd take Schelotto over the promising Wan-Bassaka for sure.
CM, the Serbian lad looks excellent, but who is playing next to him? If they're better than Davy Propper I'd be astonished.

RLC is not ours so wouldn’t really consider him, also overall taking everything into account albeit talented, he’s been disappointing this season. What we don’t have is enough creativity in the middle of the park, Gross would fit in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Given that I've used the words 'potential' and 'very promising' to describe him in my last two posts, why on earth would you conclude that I'm judging him as a finished article? I know he was in the U-20 squad, too. He was there in Poland with my nephew (who is clearly much better, by your logic, as he was called up having made zero senior appearances :jester: ).

I very specifically made clear that I was suggesting Schelotto is the better player for 'the here and now'.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This game should define our season. I doubt that Chris will see it that way because...well, he's Chris.

Overall Palace are better than us but they've been hobbled by injury and some dreadful flukes and mistakes. If we can get a result at Selhurst I will be both surprised and ecstatic. We can win, we have a great squad of real tryers and lads who really do play for the shirt. It all depends on Chris and whether he goes balls out or holds his cards. I think I know which Brighton we'll see.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
RLC is not ours so wouldn’t really consider him, also overall taking everything into account albeit talented, he’s been disappointing this season. What we don’t have is enough creativity in the middle of the park, Gross would fit in.

Isn't Cabaye world class? That's what you lot have been telling us!... Anyway you should be streets ahead of us with the amount of money you have blown!

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Isn't Cabaye world class? That's what you lot have been telling us!... Anyway you should be streets ahead of us with the amount of money you have blown!

He is very effective in what he does, top of the charts in interceptions. Breaks down play very well. Personally I wouldn’t want to play two similar types in Luka and Cabaye. Luka for me is the better player. Your right we should but that’s the premier league. On paper we have a far better first 11 imo. However games aren’t won on paper.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He is very effective in what he does, top of the charts in interceptions. Breaks down play very well. Personally I wouldn’t want to play two similar types in Luka and Cabaye. Luka for me is the better player. Your right we should but that’s the premier league. On paper we have a far better first 11 imo. However games aren’t won on paper.

Noughts and crosses, hangman, battleships, squares, Pictionary. Not to mention:

paper-origami-games-childhood-games.jpg

Number 4 You say? Well it says here that 'Your team smells.'

You lose mate... On Paper.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Surely all the pressure is on palace for this one. Only one place above the drop zone and at home so expected to win.

If we lose we’ll still be above them with a game in hand, if we win they might just have a bit of a wobble.

Haven’t looked forward to one of these as much since the St. Patrick’s day game.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Surely all the pressure is on palace for this one. Only one place above the drop zone and at home so expected to win.

If we lose we’ll still be above them with a game in hand, if we win they might just have a bit of a wobble.

Haven’t looked forward to one of these as much since the St. Patrick’s day game.

We are under enormous pressure . But if aj pops up with a early goal this will ease it somewhat.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

I think the opposite.
After 1 point out of 6, you still need a point or two to be safe, so CH will surely go for the draw.
Now, if we win, we’re 1 point behind you, and I can’t see you getting another point.
It’s been a shit season from day one, and I can’t wait for it to be over, hopefully PL status secured.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just discussing with palace colleague who from our squad would get in their team.... thoughts?

Ryan
Dunk
Propper
Gross
Murray

We're on a remarkably even keel to them with only one season here, combination of good recruitment from us and poor from them.

They still edge it mind, expecting a home win by a goal margin or a draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here