Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Selhurst showdown!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well it will be the big one next Saturday won’t it . If you win or draw then you’re safe and we’re right in the shit conversely if we win then you will start twitching . A draw is no good to us we need the win and a return of 4 points would be good . Two things that could be crucial are , one , we are playing well and don’t look resigned to relegation and two , the crowd will be right on it . The only drawback is a few local pubs will be closed and the ones open are for regulars only so getting a pint around the ground will be a nightmare , so Croydon could be a option . A lot are going there so it could be interesting if you stop off at east Croydon .
I’m normally nervous about our games but strangely I feel very calm about about this one . I feel the players will be angry about yesterday and will be extra fired up as will the crowd . I’m glad it’s a normal kick off time and a early start will be necessary to get in the mood . It will be good for you to witness a proper old school atmosphere but hopefully with no smoke and bangs .

It’s always a nervy atmosphere but given the stakes it’s going to ramp up even more. Not going as I am away but I can’t say I’m too gutted as I’m not sure my heart would be up for it anyway :smile:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It’s always a nervy atmosphere but given the stakes it’s going to ramp up even more. Not going as I am away but I can’t say I’m too gutted as I’m not sure my heart would be up for it anyway :smile:

That’s how I feel as a rule , but I’m not atm . Maybe nearer to the game I might .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
giphy-downsized.gif

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We will be lucky to get a point there and if we play like we did today there will only be one outcome.

We often bounce back really well after an awful performance.

0-2 to the good guys

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I wonder if the Fearsome Ultras have watched the welcome that City got on Tuesday in Liverpool, and will try to copy the welcome of the Albion coach in the same way.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well it will be the big one next Saturday won’t it . If you win or draw then you’re safe and we’re right in the shit conversely if we win then you will start twitching . A draw is no good to us we need the win and a return of 4 points would be good . Two things that could be crucial are , one , we are playing well and don’t look resigned to relegation and two , the crowd will be right on it . The only drawback is a few local pubs will be closed and the ones open are for regulars only so getting a pint around the ground will be a nightmare , so Croydon could be a option . A lot are going there so it could be interesting if you stop off at east Croydon .
I’m normally nervous about our games but strangely I feel very calm about about this one . I feel the players will be angry about yesterday and will be extra fired up as will the crowd . I’m glad it’s a normal kick off time and a early start will be necessary to get in the mood . It will be good for you to witness a proper old school atmosphere but hopefully with no smoke and bangs .

Oh good, a proper old school atmosphere, does that mean a drum, eurotrash faux football chants, goal music, holding up little coloured cards to make a large collage, dancing girls and , wait for it,

A T-SHIRT CANNON:cheery:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A very fair and reasonable post...............

...........now, hope you lose on Saturday!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

el punal

With our woeful away performances this season, I can’t see us getting anything against Zaha F.C.

They haven’t all been woeful. Admittedly there have been some absolute crud ones like at Leicester, Huddersfield, West Brom and Everton. Some where we didn’t press our advantage when being the better team, Watford, Newcastle and Southampton. Then those that we fully expected to be done over - Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, - and were. Brave performances at Man Utd and Stoke, without the deserved results, but West Ham and Swansea where we did.

To be honest we are a much stronger team now than we were pre-Christmas. Frustrating and disappointing recently yes, but we do have the potential to be much better than our last three league performances have suggested. Here’s hoping.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA

Old school atmosphere? You mean the drummer boy and goal music are gone?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
"Old School Atmosphere". I had to chuckle at that. Do they not know that they are just a laughing stock among ALL clubs, (particularly London) for being the most plastic of all?
The best thing they ever did to help this was the Ultras. Proper laughing stock bunch of gimps in black. Droning on & on, with the drum, goal music, yeah, proper old school.
God I detest that club.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They're shitting bricks at the moment but playing well without getting the results.

If we can play smart and keep our heads we can truly punish them and....please God...send them down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here