Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today’s ref Anthony Taylor what did you think

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he was awful one of the worst we have had so totally inconsistent with his decisions and showed why we have no refs in the World Cup. The one good point was our goal as soon as it went in he went to his watch so would assume that the goal line technology comes through his watch.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Daft, innit?

When Propper was asked if he tried to apologise to him, he said he couldn't because he was too busy lying on the floor screaming.

But we're the ones who have to think carefully about whether an appeal would be ridiculous.

its all part of conning the ref innit !
The players know they can be conned ,
Us fans know they can be conned ! ,
The FA know this happens , but will never admit this , that one of their own officials has been conned ! ....
Fekkin absurd innit !

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
He was fine but that also says a lot about the standard of the others. But is it a rule that pl referees have to be bald?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
he was an absolute ****. really inconsistent.

I don't need to see MOTD to know that was a very harsh red card.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apologies i meant to include the obligatory photo of the ref at the start of the thread

IMG_0044.jpg

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Tough decision on sending off. Even CH admitted that was 50:50. Danny Mills thought no, Frank Lampard thought yes. Problem is three match ban, which seems entirely disproportionate. But Duffy was very lucky not to get second yellow, so some evening up. Views on refs are disproportionately affected by the result; IMO thought he did OK. Cant blame ref for a poor performance.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought that he was awful one of the worst we have had so totally inconsistent with his decisions and showed why we have no refs in the World Cup. The one good point was our goal as soon as it went in he went to his watch so would assume that the goal line technology comes through his watch.

Mark Clattenburg would have been selected but is now no longer eligible. He couldn't be replaced as the list was drawn up a while back and the training schedule had been completed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People keep mentioning Duffy could have got a second yellow - why? Are you referring to the foul van la parra out wide? VLP had kicked it too far in front and wouldn't have got the ball. It would have been a harsh yellow if you accept it was even a foul. The extended highlights of the game on sky this morning showed that VLP was pulling Duffy into him and it shouldn't have even been a free kick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here