Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Personally I still think there is a lot of football to be played. It would be nice for us to get the points on the board ourselves rather than rely on everyone else not picking enough points to overtake us. It would be incredibly disappointing to get pipped to the post having lost 8 of the last 9 fixtures of the season and only picking up 1 point v Huddersfield.

Although if we don't pick up another point yet end up safe, then we absolutely will have survived due to picking up enough points.

A point is worth the same, regardless of when and where it is picked up.

If we were, say, where Stoke are now but had already played all of the big boys but had Southampton, West Ham, Stoke, Swansea and Arsenal coming up - bringing us the same 11 point haul we had from end of January to early March, we'd say we achieved survival by our endeavours.

I'm not sure that changing the chronological distribution of points accrued makes any difference as to whether we earned our own survival or had it gifted to us.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yep. Keep the GD decent and we're safe. Also, no idea why people are writing off the Spurs & United home games. I expect us to pick up at least two points from those.
One poor performance (where we actually increased our lead on the bottom 3) and it's meltdown city.
I'm agreeing with you with regularity these days, Mellotron.

One down. Cheers.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Going to puy my neck out and say "Yes, we are safe."

Just think, all those Saints / Swansea / Huddersfield / Stoke fans would have seen us go behind and thought "it's done lads" and then we stopped them. They're pig-sick tonight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
One more point? Please?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yep. Keep the GD decent and we're safe. Also, no idea why people are writing off the Spurs & United home games. I expect us to pick up at least two points from those.
One poor performance (where we actually increased our lead on the bottom 3) and it's meltdown city.
I'm agreeing with you with regularity these days, Mellotron.

Turns out we got four :)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
You can’t dangle that carrot and then not post some tidbits or links.

I’m far too lazy to look them up
Myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where the 'meltdown' comes from. To be fair, pretty sensible and calm comments:

Well done Brighton. I thought they were certainties for the bottom three this season. Shows what I know. The difference for them has been Pascal Gross - been involved in 45% of their league goals (7 goals, 8 assists). He's had the sort of effect that I'd hoped Ince might have for us.
Let's hope we are playing them next season.

Brighton as a team aren’t any better than us, but their wingers are a lot better than ours, which is why they are 11th and we are in danger of going down.

Fair play to Brighton.
5 points from the last 3 games against tough opposition!

Well done to Brighton. Their goal difference shows they've coped quite well with the step up, don't recall them taking many heavy beatings

Some generous comments there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here