Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ashford is only 3 hours from Paris. That's not a justification for choosing to live there though. :smile:

I'd rather live in Burnley than Stoke. I wasn't aware you could walk to Paris from Ashford, but you can walk in the Forest of Bowland from Burnley.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd rather live in Burnley than Stoke. I wasn't aware you could walk to Paris from Ashford, but you can walk in the Forest of Bowland from Burnley.

Totally agree. Amazing scenery everywhere. Dyche and the players would live in stunning parts on the outskirts of the town or in the countryside.

Stoke has no redeeming features, and comprising several Potteries 'towns', has no real heart for a conurbation of a similar population to Brighton and Hove.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Totally agree. Amazing scenery everywhere. Dyche and the players would live in stunning parts on the outskirts of the town or in the countryside.

Stoke has no redeeming features, and comprising several Potteries 'towns', has no real heart for a conurbation of a similar population to Brighton and Hove.

Most of Burnley's players, like many well-paid players of north-west teams, tend to live in "posh" Cheshire...Hale, Bowden (the Stockport and Macclesfield area. Top foreigners like Defour usually go for luxury apartments in Manchester (their WAG can go shopping).:)

Many Man City and Man United players are shacked up in the Cheshire/Peak District area. Also, Bronte country is only a stone's throw from Burnley and up-market Harrogate in west Yorkshire is not far away. Southgate lives there - that's why he is a frequent visitor to Turf Moor lately (Pope, Tarkowski, Cork, maybe Ben Mee).:) We are his nearest PL team.

As for April 28, if we need a point to make sure of 7th and you need a point for mathematic safety, I'm sure Dyche and Hughton could come to some arrangement:)

Not sure Tarkowski would stick to any agreement if Murray is playing.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Many Man City and Man United players are shacked up in the Cheshire/Peak District area. Also, Bronte country is only a stone's throw from Burnley and up-market Harrogate in west Yorkshire is not far away. Southgate lives there - that's why he is a frequent visitor to Turf Moor lately (Pope, Tarkowski, Cork, maybe Ben Mee).:) We are his nearest PL team.
Croydon is near to London and Sussex.
East Sussex is near West Sussex.

That doesn't make either of them any more palatable.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*Just* need

Palace 0 Albion 1
Southampton 0 Chelsea 1
West Ham 1 Stoke 0
Albion 1 Spurs 0
Leicester 1 Southampton 0 OR Watford 1 Palace 0

and albion are *Safey McSafeFace*

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We got lucky there as Millwall were worse than us.

It's not luck, it is what a relegation battle is. If you are in a relegation battle it is all about who is worse than you, stands to reason the teams below are going to drop points. I do find it funny people consider this luck that someone is worse. :shrug:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, I'm not convinced we are gonna get another point this season.

Fortunately, I think West Brom and Stoke won't catch us, and as long as Saints only get 1point from their next 2 then they wont either.

Going out on a limb there with the West Brom shout...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 points needed to be mathematically safe of Stoke.

9 points needed to be mathematically safe of Southampton ( do your stuff, Leicester ! ).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Saints need the away form of a top four side to overtake us. Possible but unlikely. If West Brom can beat Man Utd, we can win one of our remaining fixtures and breath a little easier.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

6 points needed to be mathematically safe of Stoke.

9 points needed to be mathematically safe of Southampton ( do your stuff, Leicester ! ).
I think it will work out for us, but I do think Southampton will beat Leicester.. Its going to be horribly tight but I think we may just sneak 3 or 4 more points. Can see us sneaking a draw at Burnley, and for some reason think we will pick up points against United and Spurs.. City away might be a possibility for something, as I don't believe that psychologically they will be able to keep the same intensity levels, but if we are safe by then they will hammer us - their less intense is far better than our less intense!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fortunately, I think West Brom and Stoke won't catch us, and as long as Saints only get 1point from their next 2 then they wont either.

Saints could actually lose their next two, win at Everton & Swansea and then draw at home to Man City (who might be on the beach by then).
That would then put them on 35 points and if we’re still on 35 points, chances are goal difference would be on their side.

Worst case scenario of course!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally I still think there is a lot of football to be played. It would be nice for us to get the points on the board ourselves rather than rely on everyone else not picking enough points to overtake us. It would be incredibly disappointing to get pipped to the post having lost 8 of the last 9 fixtures of the season and only picking up 1 point v Huddersfield.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Personally I still think there is a lot of football to be played. It would be nice for us to get the points on the board ourselves rather than rely on everyone else not picking enough points to overtake us. It would be incredibly disappointing to get pipped to the post having lost 8 of the last 9 fixtures of the season and only picking up 1 point v Huddersfield.

It certainly is that time of the season to be stating the obvious.

I can think of alternative adjectives to ‘nice’ and ‘disappointing’ in those eventualities. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here