Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Beat Palace next week and all of this worry vanishes. Our current form doesn’t give much grounds for optimism but perhaps a blood and thunder derby is what we need now. A leveller where anything can happen.

Let’s do this.

There's always weird end of season results so deffo not. Survival probably down to 37 now tho

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
People can’t see us picking up another point but can see Saints picking up 7 and Stoke 8. I mean come on, at least show a bit of backbone. It’s a relegation fight it’s not supposed to be easy, straightforward or not relying on other results. I think 35 will be enough, but I think we’ll finish on 38 as it happens. :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Think hopes that Southampton couldn't possibly catch us up are wildly optimistic. They look sharp going forward

And yet they still lost, and we went another point further ahead this weekend. They have to start winning soon, ( not drawing) to have any chance of catching us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I fully appreciate what he has DONE IN THE PAST but am concerned about the present and the future. At the moment he seems to have been out thought by every manager in recent games and seems unable to change or vary a game when it is crying out for a tactical change. I also have some reservations about whether he is the man to take us to the next level or will we struggle year in year out while he is manager. I dont want us to be struggling every year but having said that I dont expect us to benear the top, I would like us to emulate Burnley this season. I hope that he proves any doubters wrong and shows that he can change tactics or make the appropriate substitutions needed at a time to affect the game not leave it until it is too late like he usually does. I would think the number of times we have changed and won a game could be counted on 1 hand but the number of times that we possibly could have won with a change would take more than both hands. We have been outplayed very few times this season so it just shows what winable games we have missed out on.

Can I make it clear I am not saying he should be sacked, as you never know whats around the corner, but just expressing my concern at the moment.

Your stint as Managr of Barcelona BG sets your footballing knowledge well ahead of everyone.

Actually sometimes you talk footballing sense but on this occasion you are talking absolutely Pishhhhh. Sides down the bottom half are there because they have a squad of players who are not as consistent as the top teams.

We have a good squad of players and when they get out on the pitch and execute what they have been taught in training then they can match and beat 60% of the teams in the league. Every time we have started to drift close to the relegation zone those lads go out and put in performances which drag us away from it again. So I have no doubt that if we drift towards it again then the lads will pull out the performances needed to get us away from it again.. That's what CH brings to the table he can motivate his players even when their form dips and for that reason we will be safe.

Is he cautious. YES he can be but he has targeted the points well this season and no one can deny that. This is an evolving squad and these players are mostly playing at this level of football for the first time in their careers and They have equipped themselves brilliantly, if not always consistently.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I fully appreciate what he has DONE IN THE PAST but am concerned about the present and the future. At the moment he seems to have been out thought by every manager in recent games and seems unable to change or vary a game when it is crying out for a tactical change. I also have some reservations about whether he is the man to take us to the next level or will we struggle year in year out while he is manager. I dont want us to be struggling every year but having said that I dont expect us to benear the top, I would like us to emulate Burnley this season. I hope that he proves any doubters wrong and shows that he can change tactics or make the appropriate substitutions needed at a time to affect the game not leave it until it is too late like he usually does. I would think the number of times we have changed and won a game could be counted on 1 hand but the number of times that we possibly could have won with a change would take more than both hands. We have been outplayed very few times this season so it just shows what winable games we have missed out on.

Can I make it clear I am not saying he should be sacked, as you never know whats around the corner, but just expressing my concern at the moment.

The only "tactical" change that needs to be made is the one where players put golden opportunities in the back of the net more often than not.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If we pick up one more win, or grind out a couple of draws (easily possible against Palace, Burnley, maybe even Spurs/United at home), we're absolutely safe. Southampton and Stoke do not look like climbing out of this at all. People seem to forget the poor run of results we had in January before our revival. This isn't nearly as bad as then - we played very well against Leicester and didn't lose to a relegation rival.

What makes me laugh about all the pessimism going into Saturday is that anybody would think Palace are in the top half of the table the way people are talking. We are four points ahead of them with a game in hand (albeit against City). Yes, they are spirited, but so were we against Arsenal. They should be looking far more nervously over their shoulder than us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we pick up one more win, or grind out a couple of draws (easily possible against Palace, Burnley, maybe even Spurs/United at home), we're absolutely safe. Southampton and Stoke do not look like climbing out of this at all. People seem to forget the poor run of results we had in January before our revival. This isn't nearly as bad as then - we played very well against Leicester and didn't lose to a relegation rival.

What makes me laugh about all the pessimism going into Saturday is that anybody would think Palace are in the top half of the table the way people are talking. We are four points ahead of them with a game in hand (albeit against City). Yes, they are spirited, but so were we against Arsenal. They should be looking far more nervously over their shoulder than us.
Yes but you're forgetting we're gash away from home :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here