Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We are not safe. I really can’t see where another point will come from. We now have to rely on the other teams below us not getting their acts together. And so unnecessary with the chances we’ve had last week and this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are not safe. I really can’t see where another point will come from. We now have to rely on the other teams below us not getting their acts together. And so unnecessary with the chances we’ve had last week and this.

We will get a point at Selhurst, if not Burnley.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
No way are we safe and I can only see us getting a point or 2 at the most and that might not been enough

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
62436754.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We probably won’t get another PL point this season, so are relying on 2 clubs to join WBA in stinking the league out

Stoke look gone. They've been stinking the PL out for yonks. That only leaves 1 club we need to beat. So many poor clubs below us (and Watford and Bournemouth just above us), that it's really REALLY hard to choose the 3rd.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stoke look gone. They've been stinking the PL out for yonks. That only leaves 1 club we need to beat. So many poor clubs below us (and Watford and Bournemouth just above us), that it's really REALLY hard to choose the 3rd.

If we lose away at Palace and Burnley, is your instinct that we’ll still stay up?

Not based on looking at others fixtures, or any science, I think we’ll make it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope you’re right but fear the worse especially at Palace.
This.... Lots of things have to align for us to go down but who would have thought City would throw away 3 points against a stuttering United? Worst case scenarios can become reality.
Hopefully not but I'm not lighting a cigar just yet.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I think we’ve suffered from the weight of expectation these last two matches. From here on in we are the underdogs and I’m hoping that will liberate the players, particularly if the chasing pack don’t make an immediate move on us. While we could see six straight defeats there’s a reasonable chance of our squeezing another couple of points from our remaining fixtures.

Ripon Gull

Feb 9, 2012
Don't panic, we'll probably stay up with 35 points and will definitely do so when we stuff the Palace next weekend. Keep the Faith folks

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we’ve suffered from the weight of expectation these last two matches. From here on in we are the underdogs and I’m hoping that will liberate the players, particularly if the chasing pack don’t make an immediate move on us. While we could see six straight defeats there’s a reasonable chance of our squeezing another couple of points from our remaining fixtures.

Plus we're good with end of seasons:
Bristol City H
Norwich A
Villa A

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
With everyone below us averaging less than a point a game it will be quite a stretch for Shampton to reach 35, but that probably would leave relegation open on the last game. Their game against Arsenal tomorrow will give us a clue to how much fight they have in them., and then they have Chelsea next week.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stoke and Southampton both need 3 wins out of there remaining fixtures to catch us. Won’t happen so stop bed wetting and enjoy the rest of the season

Southampton need two wins and a draw (Bournemouth at home and Swansea away should be good for 4 points).
Huddersfield need a win and a draw. (Watford and Everton at home)

Swansea need a win and a draw (and play Stoke at home in their last game)
Palace need a win and a draw (and play WBA at home in their last game)

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think we are safe from the bottom two positions, but the third berth is still available if we keep stuffing up.
Only points against Palarse and Burnley will do it, one point from each game will be enough, but we all know what usually happens when we try and play for a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here