Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Is the thread title a question or statement?

If it’s a question it should be “Are we safe?”.
If it’s a statement, then no question mark.

Just asking like.

Or it could have been "Safe are we?" if being asked by Yoda.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. They set their prices to attract custom, and carefully calculate so that they won't lose. The odds they offer make no difference whatsoever to our chances - it's just a commercial thing.

Sorry, but that’s not right. Bookies do give out high odds as introductory offers, but there is always a max stake and usually a raft of other Ts&Cs. The regular odds - ie not a special offer - on Brighton to get relegated is between 16s and 22s across a number of major bookies. If they regularly gave out odds of 22-1 on events that happened more often than once in every 23 occasions, then they’d go out of business. Fast.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I’d say we’re still just about ok. If Saints win tomorrow, I’ll be seriously worried. A couple of draws, while not easy, should see us ok for sure - and might not need those.
I hope we aren't relying on Arsenal to help us out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We will get a point at Selhurst, if not Burnley.
Play like we did against Huddersfield and we are going to get battered.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would love to have the OPs confidence. We are at least three points from being safe imo. It is starting to look like we can’t take the pressure. The last two games were very winnable but we were wasteful in both and gifted goals due to bad defending, not a good habit. Not looking so “Together” at the moment either.

One win is doable but we are doing this the hard way, quelle surprise :smile:

Expecting other teams in or around the bottom to keep losing to keep us up is wishful thinking imo. WBA are down and Stoke possibly but the others are likely to get enough points to reach 35 or 36 points. No guarantee that our goal difference won’t take a hammering over the next five games either.

Last edited:

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
At this moment the team looks in freefall, midfield over run at times, no control yesterday before the sending off, mistakes at the back and a forward line that can't finish. Away from home the form is not good because we will need to score and our 2 home games are against 2 teams that like to control and pass the ball. Sit back and they'll pass us to death, attack and it's anyone's guess. Can't see us getting another point this season and can only hope other results go our way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A Watford WIN at Huddersfield next Saturday and we SHOULD be safe.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
If Stains lose I will be popping a cork. Their run is nearly as shite as ours and I think that will be it for them. Win by 2 and they dump Palarse in the relegation zone but they have the easiest of run ins so i'll go for a Stains loss and them to go down with Stoke and WBA. Next week is going to be epic if Stains win, we could send down the P'larse. Or at least claim an assist. Come on Murray.

Yes by the way, we are.

The answer to the question contained within. I suggest we are all glued to the tellybox after lunch today. Every football supporter (sports fans generally) know that when you apply pure focus to events miles away you can have an influence,,,

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
jasetheace;8409671Every football supporter (sports fans generally) know that when you apply pure focus to events miles away you can have an influence said:
Only if you are wearing your lucky pants

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think you’re safe tbh .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Everyone is so short term in these situations. Saints will almost certainly lose today but they still have a couple of winnable games left. I'm fairly sure we will stay up but I'm not convinced especially after how poor we've been recently...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Everyone is so short term in these situations. Saints will almost certainly lose today but they still have a couple of winnable games left. I'm fairly sure we will stay up but I'm not convinced especially after how poor we've been recently...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We weren’t poor against Leicester, in fact we were very good in the first half. Not scoring when we should have was our only problem imo. No way was it a poor performance. Yesterday was a horror show though.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I just can’t believe how poor the team was yesterday , play like that won’t get another point , I am getting so annoyed about not being able to put teams away , we could easily not get another point and go down

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A few posts saying if we play as poor as yesterday, we won't get another point. We had a poor game at Everton and at West Brom.
In fact worse than yesterday, and still got points after them.

Typical football fans, lose one and you'll not win again all season and we didn't even lose!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry, but that’s not right. Bookies do give out high odds as introductory offers, but there is always a max stake and usually a raft of other Ts&Cs. The regular odds - ie not a special offer - on Brighton to get relegated is between 16s and 22s across a number of major bookies. If they regularly gave out odds of 22-1 on events that happened more often than once in every 23 occasions, then they’d go out of business. Fast.
Still makes no difference to our survival chances.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The answer to the question contained within. I suggest we are all glued to the tellybox after lunch today. Every football supporter (sports fans generally) know that when you apply pure focus to events miles away you can have an influence,,,

Almost. Try - events miles away can have an influence. Watching them has none, but can be exciting if said events may influence our league position. :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Won't happen? Have you ever watched a relegation battle before? Loads of teams seemingly doomed win 4 or 5 of their last 6 and stay up, including beating teams at the top

Do they ?

When ?
Leicester won 6 out of their last 8 in 2015 which was remarkable but still lost to Chelsea and played none of the rest of the top 6 in that run in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here