Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bet365 should accommodate all of the fretters.....take the 20s.

Agreed - the way many are talking, they must think 20/1 is INSANELY long and are no doubt all piling on.

No chance we're going down. Too many teams below us need too many wins with too hard run ins. I doubt we'll need another point, but reckon we'll get 3 more.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Agreed - the way many are talking, they must think 20/1 is INSANELY long and are no doubt all piling on.

No chance we're going down. Too many teams below us need too many wins with too hard run ins. I doubt we'll need another point, but reckon we'll get 3 more.

Yep. Keep the GD decent and we're safe. Also, no idea why people are writing off the Spurs & United home games. I expect us to pick up at least two points from those.
One poor performance (where we actually increased our lead on the bottom 3) and it's meltdown city.
I'm agreeing with you with regularity these days, Mellotron.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I hope that he proves any doubters wrong and shows that he can change tactics or make the appropriate substitutions needed at a time to affect the game not leave it until it is too late like he usually does. I would think the number of times we have changed and won a game could be counted on 1 hand but the number of times that we possibly could have won with a change would take more than both hands.

The art of NOT making a change is little appreciated, but should be none the less. Often times staying in a game or protecting what you have is the right decision. Look at Swansea at our place, gung ho chucking on strikers in the second half meant they comfortably lost a game which they were well in beforehand and had every chance of taking a point or more home with them.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Agreed . it happens . But its v.v. rare
Wigan was remarkable - 7 wins out of their last 9 including Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal.
and a Gus Poyet Sunderland was 4 wins out of the last 6 including Chelsea and Man Utd.

Can't see it for Stoke, Southampton, and Hudds.

It happens every season in one of the divisions. We've done it ourselves a couple of times.

I still think we're safe, mind.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Certainly NOT safe. There is usually one team that gets sucked into the relegation battle and one that escapes the drop. Look at our run in and I have a horrible feeling that we are going to need at least another win or 3 draws before we can feel safe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I fully appreciate what he has DONE IN THE PAST but am concerned about the present and the future. At the moment he seems to have been out thought by every manager in recent games and seems unable to change or vary a game when it is crying out for a tactical change. I also have some reservations about whether he is the man to take us to the next level or will we struggle year in year out while he is manager. I dont want us to be struggling every year but having said that I dont expect us to benear the top, I would like us to emulate Burnley this season. I hope that he proves any doubters wrong and shows that he can change tactics or make the appropriate substitutions needed at a time to affect the game not leave it until it is too late like he usually does. I would think the number of times we have changed and won a game could be counted on 1 hand but the number of times that we possibly could have won with a change would take more than both hands. We have been outplayed very few times this season so it just shows what winable games we have missed out on.

Can I make it clear I am not saying he should be sacked, as you never know whats around the corner, but just expressing my concern at the moment.

Recent games means winning Manager of the Month just three weeks ago. He has also had to manage the team without Knockaert and Stephens.

By all means discuss or criticise his tactics but your expression 'Scared of his own shadow' was pathetic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Since they beat us at home they have won 1 in 10, how is that good home form?

Exactly. This is just like last year when fans exaggerate the capabilities of the surrounding teams, and play down our strengths. Huddersfield were bound to beat us to the automatic spots, as Wagner was so much better than Hughton.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think you mean 'if' we stuff (etc). For 'when' to be correct we'd need to also suffer a 3 point deduction. Still, if CH loses his shit again, runs onto the pitch and punches the ref in the chops, while Murray does a massive dump between the Holmesdale End goal posts, and our supporters burn down the away stand (causing tens of thousands of pounds worth of improvements) then this could happen. :wink:

Corrected for you Doc :rock:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Certainly NOT safe. There is usually one team that gets sucked into the relegation battle and one that escapes the drop. Look at our run in and I have a horrible feeling that we are going to need at least another win or 3 draws before we can feel safe.

Huddersfield and Southampton also have tricky run ins.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lump on @20s

I've already done that. Just a tenner. Nice weekend break to compensate for any disappointment. Can't see it happening though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Southampton may escape but have you seen Huddersfield's remaining fixures?
Home to Watford, Everton and Arsenal, and away to Man City & Chelsea.

I' d rather play Arsenal at home on the final day than Liverpool away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here