Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to drop Murray?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Signing Locadia and Ulloa lit a fire under him and he went from lazy to putting in a shift and a goal run.

But we are clearly back to a situation where he is feeling his spot is safe and CH shows no sign of thinking differently.

Surely it's time to drop him for the remainder of the season? He certainly won't be fired up against Palace next week (he wasn't at home against them) and the rest of the season is about scraping a point or two.

Time to start letting Locadia settle into the role he clearly has next season?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He was well off form today. Ulloa looked good, well worth a start.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yes, and hopefully a lesson to Hughton all round. He does not change his team enough, or change it with substitutions pretty much ever. It is his one major downfall in my opinion. Gross was crying out for some games off around Christmas and New year, same really for all the players signed from Europe. They are used to a winter break, I am not saying give them four weeks off but a bit more rotation would allow everyone to be that bit fresher now. We basically have ended up in a situation where the likes of Ulloa, Kayal, Goldson, Bruno and the left back guy whose name escapes me right now, are all short of match fitness whilst a load of the first team look dead on their legs. If we did not do so well in the cup you could widen that non match fit list a great deal further too.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Tbf picking out Murray after today is a little harsh. He won absolutely everything in the air still. And that first 25/30 minutes we were bang on it. Everyone’s heads just dropped after the Duffy calamity. I’m in the keep Murray starting camp, personally.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Signing Locadia and Ulloa lit a fire under him and he went from lazy to putting in a shift and a goal run.

But we are clearly back to a situation where he is feeling his spot is safe and CH shows no sign of thinking differently.

Surely it's time to drop him for the remainder of the season? He certainly won't be fired up against Palace next week (he wasn't at home against them) and the rest of the season is about scraping a point or two.

Time to start letting Locadia settle into the role he clearly has next season?

Dropping him for the rest of the season sounds absolutely reasonable to me.although I’d go further and ban him from the training ground.
Perhaps we could send him back to Rochdale on loan? And why don’t we give his tax records the once over again.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
The signing of Locadia and Ulloa saw him raise his game massively and quite rightly his name was the first on the team sheet but he’s looked off the pace the past 3 or 4 games. Definitely time for a rest in my opinion..

Struggled to see the Murray for Ulloa swap today though. I thought it was crying out for Locadia today. Bit of pace bit of trickery just a bit of something different... Penny for Locadia’s thoughts after that...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Exceptional at drawing a foul and holding up, definitely a better choice than Ulloa.

But Locadia appears to have been bought to be first choice next season. Far too expensive to be a bench warmer and so the question was do we start to build around him now (tactically with an eye to future transfers). Replacing GM with a loanee isn't really planning ahead very well.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, He must not start the game against Palarse as has been said he was poor against Palarse last time and Hughton didn't take him off to the 85th minute!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If we want competition for players it has to feel like dropping your performance level results in someone taking your place. Be great to have Murray back in form but Ulloa or Locadia against Palace to demonstrate the levels required to hold your place

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes, and hopefully a lesson to Hughton all round. He does not change his team enough, or change it with substitutions pretty much ever. It is his one major downfall in my opinion. Gross was crying out for some games off around Christmas and New year, same really for all the players signed from Europe. They are used to a winter break, I am not saying give them four weeks off but a bit more rotation would allow everyone to be that bit fresher now. We basically have ended up in a situation where the likes of Ulloa, Kayal, Goldson, Bruno and the left back guy whose name escapes me right now, are all short of match fitness whilst a load of the first team look dead on their legs. If we did not do so well in the cup you could widen that non match fit list a great deal further too.
Spot on...
Very good squad with plenty of talent on the bench and with few injuries many players are lucky to get an hours football in a month because there's no rotation what's so ever.You need to keep them all on their toes and motivated :)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Do people really think ulloa looks any good? For me hes about the same as hemed. Lumbering , slow , waste of time. I hope we don't waste good money on him next season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Do people really think ulloa looks any good? For me hes about the same as hemed. Lumbering , slow , waste of time. I hope we don't waste good money on him next season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's quite hard to look impressive when you are only given bit part game time. When has he last started a game in the league?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The problem was that he looked isolated. The type of game Huddersfield played meant we needed runners coming through and he didn’t have the pace.

I wouldn’t play him next week but thought Chris shouldn’t have started him today. The game was far more suited to Locadis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here