Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to drop Murray?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For those who like listening to Brighton players on the radio I think Murray is a guest on Friday nights radio 5 football show starting at 7

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm a really big fan of Murray and he has FAR surpassed my expectations of him this season. He puts a shift in when you could forgive him for not and has also gained us vital points.

I didn't even think he played badly last night. But I personally felt Ulloa was a beast when he came on. Every header you can basically gamble on him winning. It's brilliant for people like izquierdo and Gross that you can commit to that forward run knowing Leo will almost certainly knock it on for you.

If the idea of a substitute and squad system is to earn your place through performance, then PERSONALLY I think Leo may have done enough to make CH put him in the next game.

And in no way am I meaning Murray is 'dropped' due to bad performance. Merely that Leo earned a start on what he did yesterday.

Others may well disagree.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am in a quandary here as I think that we need Murray and I do not think it is the right time to put him on the bench but I do believe that we looked a lot better when Ulloa came on. against Spurs.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
No criticism but I felt from the off last night that Glenn looked heavy legged, as if the season was perhaps catching up with him. 11 days rest now. Bench for Burnley also. Someone has an opportunity and if they don't take it he slots back in for Man Utd.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Want to see Locadia play up front at some point between now and the end of the season, just to see what he offers us. We also need to plan as if Murray is still leading the line for us next season we're in big trouble IMHO.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Leo looked quality when he came on so I'd start him for the next game.
Anyone got any inside info on why Muzza passed on the pen? Surely not a confidence thing so maybe a management decision?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So...

I will raise again my original question.... Is it time to play Locadia (in position, for 90 mins) in preparation for next season now that we have just games against Top 7 clubs to go and a point here or there is probably the best we can realistically hope for?

Spurs' back-line yesterday was so ridiculously far forward that, had we had a striker with pace we could have been one-on-one with the keeper constantly throughout the second half (obviously, had the referee been aware of what "advantage" means).
Locadia is supposed to be the perfect player for a situation like last night but we will never know unless he gets game time... in position... with a game plan that is appropriate (it would have been yesterday) ...and well executed. Lots of asks, but we still have a few games against quality opposition to try him out and work out what we might need in terms of summer buys to support him.

This thread wasn't supposed to be "who would be better than Glenn", it was "is it time for Jurgen to show his stuff when what we do up front is FAR less important than what happens with Maty and the back 4". (I have been critical enough of GM elsewhere!)

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Drop Murray, of course not, were people aware of who he was against last night at the heart of the Spurs defence. Likewise, Knockhaert needs to open his eyes a little more to the positioning of Murray, a number of opportunities to put Murray through were missed last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here