Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to drop Murray?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I love Ulloa but he was poor today, did not win one header and whilst Murray was not good we looked better with him on. The biggest issue I have was he was not in the box enough so really needed Locadia on to work near him.

So does Murray start against Palace , a big yes from me.
Exactly this. Leo, top bloke and legend, did nothing as well as Glen had been doing. Sadly.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought after last week performance he should of not been a starter today , had a poor game today ,

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Is anyone else amazed at the number of defenders who grab him, shove him and generally foul him, and get away scot-free?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As posted on another thread spending a large amount of money on a striker and not having the confidence to bring him on when you need a goal which could secure your future there is something seriously wrong.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It seems strange to me that we spend a record fee on a striker, we go three games (before today) without scoring, and yet we leave him on the bench. Surely if we're going through a bad patch where we can't score the manager shakes things up and plays his new striker. Makes little sense to me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love the player, but yes ... his 34 year old legs need a summer off.

Can’t think of another first 11 in the PL where the centre forward chosen has zero pace, allowing opposing central defenders to easily win EVERY foot race for the ball.

The club need’s a new centre forward with pace a.s.a.p.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Had a poor 2nd half. His touch and passing awful. But harsh to say drop him for rest of season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, He must not start the game against Palarse as has been said he was poor against Palarse last time and Hughton didn't take him off to the 85th minute!

He scored the winner in the cup game.

That said, he was pleading to the bench to come off, so may be carrying a knock.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The problem was that he looked isolated. The type of game Huddersfield played meant we needed runners coming through and he didn’t have the pace.

I wouldn’t play him next week but thought Chris shouldn’t have started him today. The game was far more suited to Locadis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why was Loccadia not an option today?

I agree Ulloa was no better but we were on the back foot and it only got worse. We'd arguably been better off taking Izky off for Kayal rather than gross.

Huddersfield are good in the air, so we needed his aerial abilities.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Fickle.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
It seems strange to me that we spend a record fee on a striker, we go three games (before today) without scoring, and yet we leave him on the bench. Surely if we're going through a bad patch where we can't score the manager shakes things up and plays his new striker. Makes little sense to me.

This. It's not about dropping your best player, your worst player or your most expensive player, it's all about playing your in form players and dropping those out of form.We had no choice before the January transfer window, now we have a choice and don't seem to exercise it.(assuming everybody is fit).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray was very effective the air but was isolated most of the game. I would have brought Locadia on for Gross before Propper was sent off. We needed pace through the middle to play off Murray’s headers won. Ulloa offered close to **** all in the air and spent most of his time fouling the opposition, give me Murray every time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has looked below par since being suggested for England but having said that Ulloa was no better when he came on. I was surprised CH didnt throw Locadia into the match on 75 mins to go for the winner.and taken off either March or Izquierdo and go more direct. straight for goal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Murray was very effective the air but was isolated most of the game. I would have brought Locadia on for Gross before Propper was sent off. We needed pace through the middle to play off Murray’s headers won. Ulloa offered close to **** all in the air and spent most of his time fouling the opposition, give me Murray every time.

Murray had a poor game, then much younger Ulloa (fresh legs and age on his side) was awful ... contributed nothing.

If we stay up and buy a couple of strikers in the summer, they might be better quality than Ulloa. At least at this stage, the club aren't committed. Decision, decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here