Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Earned a point or threw away two ?

Did we earn a point or throw away two?

• Earned a point

Votes: 49 27.5%
  • Threw away two

Votes: 129 72.5%

• Total voters

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Two dropped for me, but for the last 20 mins I was hoping for the game to end as a draw.

Huddersfield just seem to be a bogey side for us. But stay positive, if Arsenal beat Southampton tomorrow we're better off than before the weekend...

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Totally two points thrown away. Huddersfield were there for the taking they were so poor.
But our lack of desire and amount of mistakes made in a match we should have been giving everything in were utterly depressing.
If we stay up it might be because we got lucky in a season that might see a record low points needed for survival.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
If we stay up it might be because we got lucky in a season that might see a record low points needed for survival.

It's not about being 'lucky' though.

You need to have the fourth lowest points total in the division to survive. Whether that is 31, which it was 8 years ago, or 43, the spread of points over the season shows you how the season has panned out - number of draws, how many sides beat each other etc.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Totally two points thrown away. Huddersfield were there for the taking they were so poor.
But our lack of desire and amount of mistakes made in a match we should have been giving everything in were utterly depressing.

Thought a poor Huddersfield were better then Leicester and Everton.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
A point gained after what I believe is our worst (as a team) home game of the season. If Arsenal win then we are a point better off than the team in 18th, and all, bar Newcastle, of our rivals did no better than us.

Keep the faith.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We earned the right to throw away two, then we threw away two, then we worked hard to keep the one we had left and so...

... sorry, what was the question again?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We'll do it the calm CH way: getting the 3 points we wanted via 3 draws rather than the one win... Probably better for our goal difference this way 😉

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Strange game but I’d go 2 points dropped on chances.
I actually thought we were poor today to be fair over 90 minutes but had 2 1v1 chances, numerous clear chances from set plays and the saves Ryan had were all routine where there keeper made a few decent ones. Even down to 10 we had 4 of the best chances of the match.
Huddersfield were ok in possession but in reality quite toothless and we gifted them their goal.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Bong has been poor all season and should no way be our first choice next season. Suttner has looked classy in the games he's played.

We don't deserve to stay up

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wind up merchants out in full force this evening.

Clearly two points thrown away due to very poor technique in front of goal and a back pass so idiotic it should have been given as an own goal.

Agreed. Dunk got away with it, when he passed the ball directly to Pritchard. Duffy didn't with his backpass.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would have settled for a draw with half an hour to go, we got worse as the game went on. Dreadful performance from most players today. Lucky we have points in the bag, we may not get another one this season. Although being Brighton we could win at City though :smile:

It’s going to be a tough tough few games imo, let’s hope the teams below us don’t hit form.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Before the game I would have said a draw wasn't good enough . After the game I think we were lucky to come away with a draw . We were completely outplayed and looked second best all game .

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Before the game I would have said a draw wasn't good enough . After the game I think we were lucky to come away with a draw . We were completely outplayed and looked second best all game .

Agree they were better on the ball but they didn’t really do a lot with it. Ryan made a couple routine saves at best. We gifted them their goal. Dispite the poor performance which it was we had 2 1v1 which we should be scoring from yet havnt hit the target, numerous set play chances again not hitting the target when in all honestly some were harder to miss and their keeper made some good saves. Performance wise we didn’t deserve to win but on chances created we should have been out of sight

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 dropped points, we played crap today and let a poor Huddersfield get a point. Going down to 10 men we still created the better chances. Huddersfield are shit, they only got the equaliser due to us gifting it to them.
Only saving grace today was that Wagner settled for a draw from the start, as soon as Propper was sent off he should have brought another forward on, instead of leaving it to the 92nd minute.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bit of trend emerging performance wise ..... was the Arsenal game the equivalent of last seasons Wigan game?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would have settled for a draw with half an hour to go, we got worse as the game went on. Dreadful performance from most players today. Lucky we have points in the bag, we may not get another one this season. Although being Brighton we could win at City though :smile:

It’s going to be a tough tough few games imo, let’s hope the teams below us don’t hit form.

This.

When you start relying on away results at PL established clubs CP and on fire Burnley, you know a home opportunity has been blown.

Hopefully two other clubs are unable to wind us in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here