Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we appeal the Propper red?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I doubt it will be successful, but given it occurred on the same day Ashley Young got away with an almost identical challenge, perhaps the authorities would be inclined to overturn it (or maybe give Ashley Young a retrospective ban)

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
There should be no penalty applied for not having a decision overturned.

That is just the ****** at the FA being old boys club, spineless, childish, incompetent and too damn lazy to actually care about justice.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
There should be no penalty applied for not having a decision overturned.

That is just the ****** at the FA being old boys club, spineless, childish, incompetent and too damn lazy to actually care about justice.
If there were no penalty for a "frivolous appeal" then every club would do it, every time. You have to have a reasonable chance of it being overturned - and there isn't in this case.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Finally saw it on MOTD this morning - the challenge was a lot worse than many of you have described on here. Could have been given as a yellow, sure, but no way thats being overturned

At the time from the ESL at some distance I thought red and wasn't that surprised when the red card came out, although thought it was harsh. On the replay on the concourse after I was less sure of it being red and saw it far more toward a yellow. MOTD this morning, its the fact Propper's foot is slightly higher than Hog's that raises the doubt. Challenge like that you have to protect yourself and you want players competing for 50-50 balls, but you can't afford to raise your foot or be the one slightly late. Harsh red, classic 'orange' card, no way we'll appeal it as the FA will not undermine a referee on a marginal decision like that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At the time from the ESL at some distance I thought red and wasn't that surprised when the red card came out, although thought it was harsh. On the replay on the concourse after I was less sure of it being red and saw it far more toward a yellow. MOTD this morning, its the fact Propper's foot is slightly higher than Hog's that raises the doubt. Challenge like that you have to protect yourself and you want players competing for 50-50 balls, but you can't afford to raise your foot or be the one slightly late. Harsh red, classic 'orange' card, no way we'll appeal it as the FA will not undermine a referee on a marginal decision like that.

Just as an aside have you seen Ashley Young’s challenge on the City forward?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't. Moan if you want to - I know some people believe that if they keep moaning about decisions they don't like - even moaning for years and years - things will change. But really, you know, futile moaning is not making a stand - it's just futile moaning.
Stop moaning ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If it had been the other way around and a Huddersfield player wasn't given a red there would be dozens of posts on here slating the ref.

....and they would be wrong/ right.

It was a pink.

But that's not an option

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If there were no penalty for a "frivolous appeal" then every club would do it, every time. You have to have a reasonable chance of it being overturned - and there isn't in this case.

I agree. But how many red cards are dished out each week? Is is beyond the wit of the FA put a process in place?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

I agree. But how many red cards are dished out each week? Is is beyond the wit of the FA put a process in place?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agree with Chris that it was a 50/50 one - some refs would give it, others wouldn't. It did seem harsh but no point in appealing as not a snowball's chance in hell that it would be overturned.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Video evidence from a different angle won't even sway it?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s seems unfair in my opinion that Propper will receive the same punishment as that Watford player who tried to end Knocky’s career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here