Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Focus .......

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Next thing, you'll have women presenting the weather, the news and driving cars.
What's the world coming to.

Gotta go now, my dinners late!

I have no problem with the women football presenters, they do a good job. However the woman commentators are just terrible at it !

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Next thing, you'll have women presenting the weather, the news and driving cars.
What's the world coming to.

Gotta go now, my dinners late!

That's all well and good, I just hope they never get into politics.......

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Cor, next they'll be wanting the vote too.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I agree with op! I don't mind male or female host but I want insight from people who have played or managed the sport at that level, ie for prem football ex or current prem players. The same goes for female top level football, I don't mind male or female host but I want insight from ex or current female players.

If this is is not the case I might as well go down the pub and ask random three people's views!!!

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I think it all comes down to the reason behind having the women, if it is merely to fill a quota then I would have something against it, because not only may the women not know what is going on, but also they are merely a means to an end: evidence the company is not sexist, and thereby not truly valued for what they are. Conversely if it is based on meritocracy and the women have experience playing, managing, whatever then I am all for it. All the more so because I do not know much about women's football and so would provide an insight into that world and could also help us to learn more about the men's game.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have no problem with the women football presenters, they do a good job. However the woman commentators are just terrible at it !

Every single one if them!
Whereas every male commentator is excellent?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here