Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Punk Rock Song ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was more about who was in the audience. Metal band jackets vs punk dress isnt going to mix forget the message of the music. Same for Mods vs Rockers Teds vs both etc

Not quite what I meant. At the time only we mattered. Not bothered who else was there tbh. It was VERY exciting though. Like taking a stroll through the holmsdale end with a blue and white scarf on :laugh:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is it just me that thinks this thread has gone a little bit music snobby? I don't think all music belongs in a specific genre, I mean are Beastie Boys hip hop/rap/rock I dunno and what the **** are Rage Against the Machine meant to be. Or Prodigy or Linkin Park. Can you be a punk band and not have staples through your ears or a hip hop act who doesn't do graffiti and breaking? And Vanilla Ice, was he a proper rapper

I dunno, I digress, I guess I am not a purist of any music by any stretch nor care too much. I just like a thread/juke box/play list of good music which this is so I'll keep on enjoying new tunes from all walks of life like I always do and not have to think about filing it under x

One of the best things about living in Brighton was that people listened to all kinds of different things and didn't really get hung up on the genres of music. This is how we ended up with Big Beat, Skint, Fatboy Slim etc. Music means different things to different people. I was way too young for the punk music but i see it in most of the music like in different ways.

To me it seems a bit churlish and pointless (and not to mention against the grain of the punk ehtos) to be limiting the definition of punk to ones own interpretation.

bhadiv1

Apr 28, 2009
Saltdean
My top tracks are as follows :
Love will tear us apart - Joy Division
Ever Fallen in Love - Buzzcocks
White man in Hammersmih Palais - Clash
Teenage Kicks - Undertones
Hong Kong Grden - Siouxsie & the Banshees
Oh Bondage up Yours _ Xray Spex

I was a punk and have a large collection of records, but did prefer a tune (so list probably a bit tame for most).

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Amrican jonny come latelies. jello biafra, my arse.

:shrug: You know there is an argument for punk being ‘created’ in America right so what has their nationality got to do with it? Better than the Pistols IMO.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here