Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Punk Rock Song ?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Fine you believe London Calling is punk, I assume therefore that the waltz that is Golden Brown is also punk by your criteria

Again its your perception isnt it can you see that now? There were a number of bands that all played the same gigs all went down a similar route some became more popular than others but was all the same genre but thats not enough for reverse music snobs.

Edit I wouldnt have said for me Golden Brown was punk but what do you think of a song about drugs being accepted as a mainstream hit ...you think thats "pop" or someone sticking it to the mainstream which is more of a punk ideal...think about it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got to say for me the best years of music were from 1966 to 1973. Punk came along as antidote to the prog rock and endless guitar solos, easy listening USA rock and pretentious rubbish like Rick Wakeman. Sex pistols were always a manufactured band with Malcolm McLaren pulling the strings although they had some great songs. Punk for me was very short lived and mainly rubbish but it did show the way for bands to make music on their own terms. For me the greatest triumph from that time was Joy Divison inspired by going to a Sex Pistols gig.

Agree with you about the 60’s and Joy Division.

For the rest, it usually seems to depend on your age group, when you were an impressionable teen. For me it was late 70’s and 80’s, so I love so much music then. It’s simply if it hits a note with me, I don’t care if snobs hate it because it might be some johnny come latelys on synthesisers and the singer ain’t patch on Janis Joplin.

The half generation older than me seemed to adore Deep Purple and Led Zep, and hated punk and new wave with a passion. I’m elated that I came from the latter era.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Today my ipod random play gave me yello, durutti column, decon blue, section 25, assemblage 23, smashing pumpkins, Anne Clark, Peter Hammill, VNVNation, beastie boys, melotron.....none of this was punk at the last count, I can tell you. Not that bothered about punk tbh. But I know what it is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me you don't get more punk than the Sex Pistols and it is impossible to choose between the first 3 tracks of NMTB - Holidays In The Sun, Bodies, No Feelings. Arguably the best opening 10 minutes of any album ever.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Google Beastie Boys Punk

Too busy fighting for my right to watch teeeeeleeeee (in peace). :lolol:

Seriously. people saying they are punk doesn't mean they are any more than if I say I am a world class striker means....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here